threat neutralized!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by fnkychkn, Apr 18, 2015.

1. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've got no problem with it. An armed robber should expect some significant reaction from law enforcement. Run him down, flatten him out and be done with it! Oh wait, he didn't kill the guy... Now that is the unfortunate part!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorguy

gatorguy It's too late to fall in love with Sharon Tate! Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I watched it twice. Failed to see a problem both times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A couple of buddies & me were watching that a few days back & figure that officer saved that sh!t rat's life...

Cause the other option, that I heard some dumb liberal spout off on TV, would have more than likely seen him shot & killed... That cop did him a favor!

The only thing that appears as reckless, IMO, was that cruiser going through the fence. As I'm assuming, it was not known what was on the other side...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  5. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My heart pumps purple panther pi$$ for those who use a weapon in the commission of a crime. He can find sympathy somewhere between sh#t and syphilis in the dictionary !

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dunno could make a case no one's life was in immediate jeopardy prior to car defeating person. Has to pass ability, opportunity and jeopardy to consider use of deadly force. (That assumes a car would be considered deadly force.) We're other civilians near did assailant aim weapon at them or officer? Person had ability and opportunity just question immediate jeopardy. But from cheap seats I personally can't tell. A loaded gun, even discharged, doesn't always qualify.

7. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    But look at it this way when you are about to run down some psycho with a loaded rifle throttle modulation is the last thing on your mind. Mat it, run him down and then brake hard! This has to be a pretty darn stressful situation for the LEO's involved!

I've give that cop a medal!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ya, lets wait until the nut job with the gun shoots one of the cops and then react :rolleyes: Too bad you weren't there with your crystal ball.

The only thing the cop did wrong.... He should have backed up and hit the loser again!
    I did notice one issue. He should have backed up and hit the sumbitch again just for good measure!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey. No need to de a d_ick about it just sharing perspective your reaction very emotional do you have any experience or knowledge here? I said cheap seats could not tell. I was not there neither were you. I stand by my brothers currently carrying a badge I trust they made correct decision, only they know. Sometimes they make the incorrect decision. I hope they are never placed in a situation where they have to choose.

10. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK - let's not get into a name calling game - people look at the same picture and don't always see the same thing. That's what makes America what it is. I think the officer did what was necessary. Had the officer not stopped him, I believe it would have gotten a lot worse before it got better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Actually I thought you were being the dick about it...

No hard feelings here my friend... Your opinion is yours and vice versa.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TallCool1

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fair enough (I definitely was when I inferred you were my bad.) It's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Again. I believe that officer actually saved his life! Being an armchair quarterback here: But if it had come down to an armed standoff it may have not ended as well for the suspect. I only mention the fence as there could have been someone behind it & if there had been, the outcome for the officer would not be good, as well as the hypothetical guy behind the fence... . I truly don't believe striking the suspect with the cruiser at that speed was a deadly use of force. The cruiser accelerated hard but from a crawl, so I doubt there was that much speed involved. Again, just my uneducated, 2 cents of opinion..... A dangerous situation that was ended quickly, with no one killed. Win, win...

14. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good job they don't use Hellcats

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Themip

Themip Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No one's life was in immediate jeopardy? The bad guy was firing his gun into the air while refusing to comply to police commands to surrender. They were in a residential/business district. Any of those bullets could be raining down on civilians killing them. And to seal the deal he had just committed an armed robbery. He was not killed, and in fact, in my opinion the cop that hit him saved his life. In 99% of other scenarios the most likely outcome would of been the police would of emptied all the bullets in their guns into him, which in turn could of endangered surrounding civilians even more with crossfire. The officer ended the threat with only minimal damage to a squad car and a cement wall.
    Just sayin. . . Oh and on top of it they produced a very exciting video to watch ;)