Throttle body????

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by White noise, Jan 7, 2017.

1. White noise

White noise Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What's the verdict on the MM 95MM throttle body ... I know on my old car it made a huge difference hot the car responded but I also do not believe they give you HP but do believe everything works in unison and that each part helps the other to perform so .... how is it on the CAT???

2. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think TopCat summed it up best: 95mm Throttle Body

The stock 90mm is plenty and doesn't require tweaking; especially when you consider the 74mm bypass throttle body and part throttle driveability issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. White noise

White noise Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thank you buddy ... yeah I found a couple of post and seems that its not needed and it seemed no one is really running them and they are hauling ass .... so I guess I will add that $500 to my 3.09 gear swap ....
    thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  4. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The 3.09 gear swap will be infinitely better than the Tbody

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I posted this before. I sent mine in to fastman and he bored, port, polished, changed the shaft small. So 95mm but WOT 98.5mm for $260. which is worth it. You will still have to go get it tuned or it will throw codes and put it in limp mode. If you send it in be ready to wait 2-3 weeks turn around. My tuner said stay away from after market TB. you can check it out here
    Contact The Fastman

• Like Like x 2
  6. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The "Bigger is Better Theory" is always an evil temptation but proper TB sizing does not work this way. All you need to do is match your motors air requirements. Once your motors needs are met going bigger than necessary is not going to give you anything extra.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DesertCat

DesertCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So did you
    So how did this modification turn out for you? Did you throw any codes? And if so did the custom tune help you out?

8. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes it did throw codes but my tuner fixed it when I went for a 10% under pulley. 2nd tune I change the supercharger pulley. It made more horsepower than serious HP has ever seen by about 35whp more. I would only recommend doing this if you plan on doing a lot of mods like I did. If not, it is not worth the bang for your buck.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  9. DesertCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On my stroker G8 I had a 107 mm Nick Williams throttle body. It did not throw codes. But when I tuned her via hp tuners we had to increase the RAF tremendously to make her idle correctly. What software did they use to tune and do you remember the codes?

10. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do not remember to code number but it was the TB position sensor. I was driving on 3 occasions just 60 mph not getting on it. Throw codes put car in limp mode 2 times. This was on a diablo tune and tuner can fix it.

11. DesertCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That happened to me with the G8 a few times. If that ever happens to you again disconnect your battery posts and then re connect. Then re flash with your Diablo. And then hopefully get home without it doing it one more time. Thanks for the information.

• Like Like x 1
  12. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did clear the code but it keep coming back. Once tuner fixed it never had that happen again

13. DesertCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I emailed the owner. He e mailed back. He says he is the best in the industry. That his throttle body does not throw a code. If a throttle body throws any code it is a bad throttle body. He states if I order one I will be happy. I should ask him if it throws a code will he refund my money. According to him it is not a tuning issue.

14. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    TC had many Pms of knowledge from members from those in the beginning that were sucked into buying on paperwork marketing.Many went back to OEM and gained back their HP.
    It is possible that things have changed and the track proven results should be posted.
    Otherwise, a smart decision is not to buy unless you want to pay for R&D, then good for you. :cool:
    TC trusted HHP. There was no paperwork marketing. He posted the truth from the track Good or Bad for the forum members to know parts were safe and good to use.
    It would be great if these vendors if they had a customer who would help with testing of a part or they should do the testing on their own Hell Cat and market a good modification to us!

Linda:)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DesertCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is tempting due to cost and ease of installation. But I realize my ex stroker G8 is not a hell cat. Thanks for your insight.