Time to join up, received my VIN

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by DGatzby, Jan 16, 2015.

1. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good morning everyone. Until this past Monday I was one of those stuck in VON limbo, hoping to win the Hellcat Lottery. Well after reading this forum and joining, participating and reading Challenger Talk about anything and everything I could learn about the car and the Allocations, it was time to join your fine Forum because I now can say I am an expectant owner! I got my VIN FH769910. Jazz Blue/auto/sepia/UConnect upgrade/PZeros.

My Mopar days started in HS as my Father must have been going through his second childhood and bought a new '72 Charger. When he wanted to drive that, I had to drive the '67 Impala with the 327. I must admit that was the beginning of making me a lifelong gear head and acceleration addict. In my adult life I had a brief eye for Pontiacs with '75, '78, & 82 Trans-am's. We fixed the Pontiac TA400 in the '78 up with 389 heads and restored its God given high compression. It went on to be one of the meanest street cruiser sleepers of the painful late '70's era of air pollution experiments with our engines. The 82 with its 305ci junk turned me off. Six Grand Cherokees with four recent Hemis including our current '12 5.7L serves us well. BUT, my favorite and most dependable car is my inspiration for the Hellcat. With mixed emotions I will deliver my '06 300C SRT8 to a good friend in NM to make room in the garage for the new Cat. I have been an active member on the 300C Forum for years. Being there helped make that car the best I owned. From Johan's special tune, tire sizes and type of alternate brake pads to minimize dust, these Forums are great places to share ideas and experiences.

Glad to be here and can't wait to get posted over in the VIN thread so that RS can give me some real update on when the beast will be delivered. The dealer said it was built on Jan 10, so with his news I could have the car by the end of Feb. Since the car WILL NOT be a daily driver it will contain the same safety ignition circuit that our Harley Davidson cycles and my scary custom bike (pure USA power by a TP 124CI) contains, that is it will be a mostly fair weather piece. Since the custom has proved to be a nasty dragster by waxing my neighbors Z01 in a 1/4 mi, we will probably have to see how the Cat stacks up after its careful break-in. The Cat will be lucky enough to visit the Brainerd International Raceway for regular Wednesday nights' Test and Tune sessions. I have attended the NHRA event there for over 25 years now. With what we think is the best location in the Zoo, my friends and I will never miss that event until we die! The track is about two hours north of our home in the SW Twin Cities of MN.

David

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome congrats and cool story!

3. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum David,, like your 300srt, the hellcat makes a lot of brake dust... looking forward to seeing your hellcat, feel free to post pics on your 300, I'm sure others would like to see it

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gratz, and welcome to the forum!

April