To: John Dodge , RE: Voucher Customers

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 707hpcharger, Aug 22, 2015.

1. 707hpcharger

707hpcharger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey John Dodge, if you exist and ever read anything on this forum, here's a thought on vouchers.

900 orders cancelled. May equate to 700 real customers wanting to and willing to reorder for 2016. These folks have already had the rug pulled out from under them once. Now we are told it's up to us to do our homework, interview dealerships and hope to find an honest dealer with an allocation for the car of our choice. Which has not been an easy task thus far.

It seems like a no brainer to me that ANYONE with a voucher should be able to walk into ANY dealership and be able to place an order . That order would have the voucher code right on it and the order would be streamlined for build.

Doubled production = 14 to 16 thousand Hellcats for 2016. Guaranteeing a relatively painless process to 700 people that got the shaft last model year shouldn't be too much to ask and certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I found it to be pretty simple to find a dealer selling at MSRP.

3. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Also you should tag a user if you want them to read it.

John Dodge

4. 4510

4510 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Actually, I think it would be nice if Dodge did something along with those vouchers.
    Throw in something unique or special.

A decent jacket perhaps...

Vouchers are an issue between FCA and the buyer. That should be the get out of jail free card. They are a "personal" allocation that doesn't count against the dealership. They go to the front of the line.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Robert7

Robert7 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Finding a dealer is dependant on what region you live in. I am finding very few options in the NW.

6. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First, I think it was quite nice for FCA to step up and offer/give us vouchers. Didn't think that was going to happen.

Other ideas:

NOT ACTUAL INFO!!! ( for people who don't read everything)

- Vouchers sent out earlier. Includes letter with info for dealers including a hotline to validate info and stating the following:

- 2 week voucher only ordering window.
    - Certificate number entered into system to validate order.
    - Each dealer can only process 4 vouchers during the 2 week pre ordering window. Stops dealers from giant waiting lists. Voucher orders not part of dealer normal allocation.
    - Build priority if parts available
    - A voucher will give a dealer ONE special allocation for a voucher build if entered into system. Once that goes D1 then they may get another Special allocation depending on timeframe.

Once the special 2 weeks is up, dealers can process any number of vouchers that normal allocation allows. Purchaser contacted. If deal at MSRP, then once a voucher order enters D1 it automatically gives them another allocation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with some of your suggestions. However, with regards to the two week voucher ordering window, if a voucher holder wants Plum Crazy or Go Mango, Dodge would have to open up ordering for those colors early. They might not be able to do that. Also, voucher holders might not be in a financial position exactly during those two weeks to place their order. Or They might want to wait until Jan or Feb to order so their new Hellcat doesn't get delivered in the middle of their winter season. Otherwise, I agree with your suggestions. If only it worked that way...

• Like Like x 1
  8. 707hpcharger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats, I'm truly happy for you and hope you feel as good as you do about your purchase experience 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months from now. Having read some your posts I am reasonably sure that you missed the boat on ordering last year and do not have a voucher. Again, I am happy you were able to get your order in easily. Many of us that got screwed last year are not having the awesome buying experience that you are.

9. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered in Feb (6 months ago), never got an allocation, and do in fact have a voucher. Per my signature I am ordering a Plum Crazy Charger.

10. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You took it the wrong way. It wasn't 2 weeks and that's it. It was 2 weeks of priority for vouchers. Order whenever you like. But then after that time get in line like it is now.

As for colors, FCA has their head in their ass

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gixer Jay

Gixer Jay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    +1

Do your homework guys. Out of all the Dodge dealerships in the Raleigh NC area I've found only 2 willing to sell at MSRP.

My neighborhood Decan Jones Dodge dealer down the road from me is $5000 over MSRP
    Deacon Jones Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM | New & Used Cars | Smithfield, NC

Westgate went up to $20000 OVER MSRP and he claims people are paying it, however they've have a white Hellcat sitting on their showroom for quite some time.
    Raleigh Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Dealer | Serving Durham, Garner and Cary | Westgate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram New & Used Cars

Some of these dealers are just thieves!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You can get an email out to at least 20 dealerships in 30-45 mins. Let them know you have a voucher and refuse to pay ADM. I had to do the same thing back in 2006 with my first Charger SRT. The Dealers were playing this same game so it's nothing new.

13. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
  14. 707hpcharger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
  15. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What i hate is the vouchers expire 1/3/16. I read today there were two allocation cycles (but i've heard other places it will be monthly) and the dealer where my order is placed was told by his regional FCA rep that he will have an allocation within 6 months...problem is that if it takes 6 months, that is February and my voucher will have expired....just wrong. What i read today is allocation last Monday then another one in February....expired voucher...