Today marks 200 days with a VON happy bday to me :(

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by sublime6spd, Feb 9, 2015.

1. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    JULY 24th I configured my order. It's been 200 days , I had expected some kind of conformation of purchase by now..... Traded my 2013 Ram QQ 4x4 8spd sport that was loaded and paid for as a deposit for a hellcat.
    I have it in writing on my purchase agreement that my trade was subject to hellcat avaliability, if they can't get me a car I expect my truck back.
    Except they sold my truck. I had $60k in the truck , trade value was $34k I explained at the time of order I would NOT accept a cheque for 34k should the deal fall thru and have it in writing....
    Well almost 7 months later nothing more than a VON which I was last advised had moved to BE status thanks to the black hood fiasco.

When I intially placed my order I took my truck home and was told to wait for a phone call regarding my order. So I did.
    Bout a week and a half later dealer called to say chrysler has approved my order please bring in my trade and sign some papers. Which I did....
    I was also told at time of order that the Laguna seats were a late AVALIABLITY option and due to those the car wouldn't be built until spring, FINE I said I have no need for it in the snow.
    So I was told spring delivery and I was fine with that and had no problem waiting.

Well it's almost spring and I'm no further along in this process except my beautiful truck is long gone.

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

I don't care who is at fault here the dealers or head office, but this system isn't working!
    ESPECIALLY FOR CANADIANS! Wtf!!
    Our order banks opened earlier we placed our orders in good faith and nothing more than half a year later
    They dealers are still taking deposits for cars they have no idea if they will ever get.

Beyond disgusted

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear this. its so wrong .. hopefully the right people will see this ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    How much did you put down? This is definitely a letter to Sergio

4. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used my 1 year old very low mileage basically new truck as a deposit..... $34k down. More than half a year later I still have to doubt daily weather or not I will ever see my order filled

5. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I am on my 148th day today, hopefully my dealer will get a February allocation this week.

6. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm right there with you, 199 days and counting.

7. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Exactly in the same boat, I ordered a Torred 6 spd with sunroof and satin hood,and laguna on July 24. I went in last Thurs and cancelled the order.
    I too traded in my mint 09 RT with 10K in mods and only 20K's, and put down 11,000 on top of the trade
    I found a Phantom Black 6 spd in QC on Thurs and bought it, sent the rest of the money today.
    It is not what I ordered, but it is a HC and I will certainly enjoy it.
    I was told not to expect an ordered car until 2016 or later, so I can live with black !

Should be here in about 3 weeks :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Two days into the Third allocations I had had enough... 126 days from the 9th I found my car and drove her home on the 127th. My old VON from the 9th is still untouched.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tannehill

Tannehill Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    With all due respect......why are people trading cars in before the ordered vehicle even shows up??? I'm interested in hearing why this is a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If anyone wants to take my order over and wait, ( it is an early good order, so should happen at some point ) I can get you in touch with dealer, it is in the maritimes.

11. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    .Because when the order was done here in Canada, there was no mention of allocations and all involved assumed it would be a normal order with 8-12 week delivery.
    My dealer had a buyer for my car, and I let it go based on the "supposed" delivery and it helped out my dealer at the same time.
    I have 6 other vehicles, so it didn't bother me to let it go.

12. Tannehill

Tannehill Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    8-12 weeks or 8-12 months till delivery, having 6 cars or 60 cars.....you should NEVER give up your vehicle until what you are getting in return is sitting in front of you with a valid title eligible for transfer. Not even if it's your best friend across the street.

13. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll take that under advisement for future purchases

14. Scottys jet

Scottys jet Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does your dealer have an allocation, I just got off phone with SRT , 2 reps have now told me the second order I have in cannot be allocated, otherwise it would have a VIN by now? The first order my Dealer in Roanoke was honest and said we would have to wait for allocation, second order perhaps they were not honest! Is the process this simple? If stuck in VON Hell for months, only 2 reasons, item NA like Satin hoods.....or Dealer just does not have an Allocation PERIOD>>>>> DOES ANYONE REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER???DEALER LYING TO ME? SRT INNACCURATE INFO???

15. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

Where this gets really interesting is *if* they cannot produce a car for you or you get tired of waiting and want out. What will you get paid for your truck? I can't see it being any more than the trade value which I think you said was $34K. That stinks.