SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Top speed and odometer when you picked up your car from the dealership

23K views 112 replies 83 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 ·
My car finally came in. I did not order it from the factory. I was in the dealership looking to see what they had for sale on their floor: Sublime Green, 6 speed. I wasn't interested in it. He said they had an Ivory auto coming in in two weeks. Dang, that's what I was looking for, SOLD!

So two weeks passed, I go to the dealership and ask about the car. They said they didn't know where it was. At the end of three weeks they call me saying your car is here.

I rush down to pick it up.

Absolutely stunning. What a beautiful car. Ivory white tri-coat pearl, sepia interior.

I fire it up for the first time. Wow!! It just sounds mean. I look at the odometer and there's 13 miles on it. Hummm, is that normal? I drove off in total bliss.

I cruise around town getting to know the car and I like it, no I love it.

So, i'm getting around to tap through the different menus and run across the top speed screen. 154 mph. At first I'm like, "impressive." Then I'm like, "what the heck, I have not been over 100mph (and that was honestly by accident, this car is just so damn fast and smooth).

How many miles were on your car when you drove off the lot and what is/was the top speed recorded before you "accidentally" went too fast?

See less See more
#3 ·
I believe I read somewhere on the forum that they do this at the factory on PDI just to make sure they are good to go and have no issues I don't think 13 miles is above the norm either.... just passing it on!

#7 ·
15 miles 171mph I showed my dealer they looked at me scared and said dodge does that before the ship em

#12 ·
If you watch the video that shows a Challenger being built, at the end of the line it is placed on rollers. Steel safety poles come up out of the ground to prevent it from taking off because no straps are used. A worker sits in the car and a diagnostics computer is plugged in. The car is run through the gears, brakes tested and other things.

The top speed on delivery has also be posted about with non Hellcat cars like the Scat Packs. Cars people know where right off the truck.

Reset it and enjoy your car :)

#66 ·
This is right,I was sitting in my car for the roll.I was like a deer in headlights when my friend did the roll.
No straps and a charger in front of us that just came off the roll.
All I would think of was us rear ending the Charger.Also I was at the dealership when my car came in.Came off the truck and I pulled in in the garage,. 178KM top speed on it when delivered
Robert

#13 ·
4 miles 23 mph top speed

I WOULD BE PISSED IF MY car had been run up to 154. !!!!!!

#14 ·
Mine had 6 miles and top speed was 41mph when they drove it to get the paint protection.

#15 ·
Mine had 9 miles after the pdi,, and top speed was 55, it has been posted that some cars show 176,179,154,, it's a computer thing, there no way there driving all these cars that fast,I good person to ask what his miles are it's the guy who just picked up the B5 charger hellcat, or RCC, both those cars were bought and went straight into storage, one by trailer and the other drove 3 miles home

#17 ·
Yeah, i remember seeing that video with the car sitting on rollers in the factory being tested. Some of the MPH folks have posted on this thread... It's got to be a computer thing. I don't beleive that that many car are being beat that hard immediately out of the factory.
Trust me, I haven't lost any sleep over it. And yes, I will reset the highest recorded MPH screen with my own MPH reading.
What I have lost a couple winks over is trying to decide how much 'clear-bra' to put on the car. I'll save this though for another thread.

#18 ·
Mine had a 100 on it and the sales manager admitted to driving the car that fast after the mechanic said the car wasn't as fast as the regular SRT...I don't know what the idiot mechanic did while driving the car and don't care to know at this point. I had about 10 miles on the car.

#21 ·
mine showed 13 miles, 92 mph top speed, 9.1 sec 0-60, 18.5 sec 1/4 mile when I picked it up, right after pdi and clean up

#27 ·
21 miles when I left the dealer & I just checked the MPH....92 top probably done by me on the way home.

Interesting, I never thought to look at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.