Toronto Auto Show

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ToddC, Feb 14, 2015.

1. ToddC

ToddC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone gone yet?

I was there on Friday when the show opened. Chrysler/Dodge has a big booth right by the main entrance of the North building. They have a beautiful sublime RT Challenger with the shaker hood and a satin black hood roof and trunk. Very nice.

They also have a Hellcat Challenger with a stick in TorrRed that you can sit in if you are a midget. The reason I say that is because Dodge has disconnected the battery in the cars so you can't move the seat back and in the Hellcat the seat is way forward. It is stuff like this that kills me. Every other manufacturer at the show has the battery hooked up so you can move the seat. Very important if you want to see how comfortable the car is. I am baffled why the company would do that after spending probably hundreds of thousand dollars to be at the show. Oh well. I did manage to sit half in half out of the car and noticed that the clutch was very stiff. Way more than the clutch on my 2010 SRT. Interior of the car is nice but not as nice as some of the other cars in the same price range such as the Infinity R70 for example (which has 417 HP and AWD and you could move the seats in the display car!). The Hellcat always had a crowd around it and was one of the highlights of the show.

The Charger Hellcat was on a turntable so you could not touch it. It looked like the pictures. Not much to say since you could not sit in it.

Lots of other Chrysler Fiat and Dodge vehicles on display including all the Ram trucks. It was interesting to see that Nissan now has a V8 diesel in the Titian pickup truck. The engine is made by Cummins! This truck should shake up the market as Cummins has always made the best diesel engine and it has always been exclusive to Ram trucks. The V8 is not the same engine that Ram uses (which is a straight 6) but it will be interesting to see how this truck does sales wise.

I will upload a picture or two in a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brampton Builder

Brampton Builder Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yes clutch on the cats is much heavier to engage

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice report BB! I appreciate the effort and info!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Damn it! I guess that's one of the risks of having to order these cars sight unseen! Hopefully the clutch is not TOO heavy, that could become a pain in the ass/leg!

I've still never even seen a Hellcat in person, i'm trusting Dodge that it will be awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ToddC

ToddC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is really stiff. I would not want to be in stop and go traffic for a long time with it. I could see developing a leg cramp in a traffic jam like coming home on the 400 from up north on Labour Day weekend.

6. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The seat in the red hellcat at the auto show was fixed yesterday when I was there. Still no power hooked up but at least I could get in. I'm 6'6"
    See my post in CANADIAN hellcat avaliability

7. ToddC

ToddC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I read the post about your Hellcat order and feel your pain. Mine was in limbo as well but I now have been told it will be built the second week of March. I asked the guy on Drivesrt.com and he confirmed the date.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ToddC

ToddC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you want one right away there is one listed on Autotrader.ca for only 85,000. Cheap