Toyota dealership being racist with an Indian employee

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Source: Jalopnik

Sales Manager Allegedly Told Indian Salesman He "Belongs At 7-Eleven"
    [​IMG]

Two lawsuits have been filed against a Toyota dealership; the first is on behalf on a former salesperson who claims he was harassed due to his Indian background. The second class action suit alleges the dealership withheld pay from employees because of their race.

According to a report on Komonews.com, a former salesman at Toyota of Kirkland, says he was fired after complaining to his superiors about the racist remarks his manager made. He is now suing the dealership for harassment, a second class-action lawsuit was filed and alleges that the dealership withheld commission from its immigrant employees.

The first suit alleges the general sales manager at the dealership told Kayshel, who was born in India, that he "belongs working at a 7/11 not in a car dealership." The suit also contends that the same sales manager used negative terms in referring to immigrant customers and would say things such as, "who let them into our country?"

The dealership issued no comment in regards to the lawsuit. However, Kayshel's lawyer issued a statement:

"We believe that this is not an isolated situation, that Ruhul is not the only person discriminated against...Lawsuits are filed to stop bad behavior...We need to make it expensive to be a racist in America."

Auto salespeople are a pretty diverse group made up of men and women from a whole variety of backgrounds and cultures. For most dealerships it doesn't really matter where you come from as long as you can make that sale. I guess some people prioritize racism over profits.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same news channel just reported last night that... Hold on. You are not going to believe this happens here in Washington and NO WHERE ELSE... Police are letting other police get away with speeding excessively when they are not on a call!:eek: The nerve. I just can't imagine that happening anywhere else. Said with strong sarchasm. LOL:D. We are cutting edge up here.

3. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I saw that.too, Tammie. I was thinking on your vanity plate maybe you should put HELPOPO. They might just let you go by @ 160 mph (in 5th gear). :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's craziness lol
    ;)

5. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We are on the same page there. I'm also realized the reason I probably get away with so much is because m Charger looks like the State Patrol here. My Hellcat, not so much! I like the plate idea, not sure they will believe me.:)