TPMS Sensor activation/relearning

Discussion in 'Triumph Performance Wheels' started by shadowsk, Apr 11, 2016.

1. shadowsk

shadowsk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Biz, This is Sammy and I placed an order for the MX4's for my Challenger Hellcat. I have a question about the TPMS sensors and rather than emailing you and bothering you at work I thought I'd post here and maybe someone on the forum could answer my questions (and help someone else maybe). I have ordered a staggered set of wheels with NT05/NT05R tires which I want to use in the summer and I will put the OEM wheels/tires back on in the fall/winter or when I want to go out of town on a trip. Obviously I would like to be able to do this without taking my car into a shop every time I want to change wheels. On my previous car (2016 Subaru STI) I had to buy a ATEQ activation tool which "woke" up the sensors and then another tool to program the sensor ID's into the car's ECU. Every time you switched wheels you had to use the tool to enter the different sensor codes (even for the stock wheels). I can't really find any information online if the Dodges require a similar tool or process.

From what Iittle I could find everyone seems to say the Hellcats ECU relearns the TPMS when you switch wheels. So if I had my new wheels/tires activated once from the tire shop or dealership and went back to the stock OEM wheels the ECU would relearn them without the need to visit the shop again? I plan on ordering OEM TPMS sensors for the new wheels. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I realize I can ride around with the TPMS light on and it won't hurt anything but it would aggravate me lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. zippy

zippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Your car will re-learn the new wheels, no programming neccessary

• Like Like x 1
  3. want2

want2 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any driving over 15 mile per will reset TPMS but make sure if not bought at dealer; your TPMS's are Schraders. That is what make the originals are.

4. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They (stock TPMS) will reset without issue. I've swapped a wheels/tires a few times with ZERO issue; one set being from Biz...

• Like Like x 1
  5. shadowsk

shadowsk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good deal. Thanks for the info guys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Triumph

Triumph Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    x2

You are the man! ;)

It's never a bother Sammy, please feel free to call or write at anytime, we're here to help :) and you're right, good idea to post here...lots of knowledge :D thank you for trusting us with the making of your custom monoblock wheels, we look forward and will be posting pics soon...your support is highly appreciated bud! Our aftermarket TPMS are programmed prior to mounting so won't have any issues swapping wheels.