Trade or Not

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tweaked, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here's the deal bought a hellcat back in march. The car is black the color that I wanted was redline but could not find it.
    My daughter wants to buy this car and has located the color that I wanted. Only problem car is used. Milage is about the same on both cars. Do you think I should trade or not.

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go with your heart. If you wanted Redline, then either paint this car, or sell it and go for what you wanted. I know I should have waited for the B5 Blue that I really wanted, but I was told that I could not get that color, so I let my husband talk me into Redline. Now I have a lil twinge of regret every time I look at Dante, so I am saving up to get him painted. Another expensive life lesson ... if you have a choice, never settle.

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    "Paint Is Dead"
    Wrap it any color you want; even textured or in your face Chrome

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So your daughter would get a used car with a known history, and you get a used car with no idea of how it was used and abused? Hmmmm... Deal or no deal.... Howie says no deal. Order banks are now open, some dealers have allocations, I say order a new one. But what do I know, I'm just a bunch of letters on your computer screen, arranged in such a way as to look like english to those who are not dyslexic (or sydlecix if you are (I'm dyslexic, so I can get away with the joke, don't be offended please)). ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Steven _sbs this is exactly what my thoughts were. Called the dealer who has the red one to see if I could talk to previous owner. They said they could not give his information. Thanks to all who responded.

6. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tweaked,Myers Dodge in Bellevue,Ohio has a redline challenger M6 being built now. I purchased mine from them at msrp. FYI

7. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If that dealer will not give out that info he could very easy have that previous owner call you. I would tell them that would be the only way you will buy.
    I bet that lazy dealer would not think outside the box to make that happen. Sadly, that kinda service went out about 20 years ago...
    How many miles is on that car you are looking at?

8. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    2900 miles. They are chargers.

9. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I understand, and I honestly thought about it. The clincher is, for me, that I go to a lot of car shows, and I do not want a redline engine bay on a car that would be whatever color I chose for the wrap. Ew! :) So, I am saving for the paint job I want. :)

April

• Like Like x 1
  10. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If I were in your situation and could afford the "redo". I'd get a really unique wrap and have the engine bay, trunk, door jams, etc. painted a complementary color. As you know the engine bay is painted without a clear coat, so it's a slightly different color than the car. No doubt this would come with some expense.

To completely change the color of a car is not an easy or inexpensive venture. So, to merely change to another Mopar color, IMO, just isn't worth the sacrifice, both funds and time without my car.

All that said, I wish you the best. As you know, it's your car.

11. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Yepper, it is gonna cost. That's why I hafta save up for the job, LOL! When I paint Dante, it will not be a Mopar color ... if I am gonna bother to paint, I am going to very different. As I posted on another thread, I am going with one of the colors below ... either an Olive green pearlcoat, or a custom dark fuchsia pearlcoat.

April

Attached Files:

12. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    April, both of those colors are really cool :cool:. Will you do a black hood?

I was dying for Sublime and, dare I admit it...B5 Blue...there I said it, okay.

I have fallen in love with my Phantom, especially in the sun and because it is indeed the fastest color (particularly when CQuartz is applied). I also like the red interior, which I couldn't do with Sublime or B5.

I still dig Sublime but every time I see a B5 it's :p:(:oops:. Don't tell my ride!

13. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    its a win win,, your kid gets a car and so do you, it has warranty ask for a car fax

14. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wouldn't do that deal for reasons previously mentioned. So many are having nagging issues that if your car is straight, why play with fate.

You could wrap or dip without a really funky look because your engine bay is black.

Go to 34:45 to see the final product. My man is named Fonsie :D The whole vid is actually pretty interesting and he's damn good. The pic on the vid isn't the final, there is a coat of "shiny" that is added to bring out the pearl.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  15. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get The Redline

WT