Transmission Specific Allocation

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Sep 16, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just got off the phone with a Dodge dealer who says he has an allocation available and would be happy to process my order; but, when I asked him if the allocation was specific to M6 or A8 he didn't know ---- he said he would check into it and call me back.

My question is: Doesn't the allocation clearly specify the transmission on it?

I've talked to several dealers now and none of them had any idea about their 2016 allocations being specific to transmission type ----------- the only thing they see on the allocation is that it clearly specifies model type (Challenger or Charger).

Thank You !

2. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Follow up: I called SRT and they said the dealer usually receives notice of allocations from their Factory Rep in which they are told which model and transmission they can order. Apparently this is too much information for some of them to grasp???

3. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not surprising when you think about Sunday newspaper classified ads where dealerships are looking for salesmen. The part that sticks in my mind is when they place in the qualifications, "...no experience necessary." The dealer gets what he's looking for and the customer gets the result.

4. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The salesmen are clueless, at least talk to the Sales Manager, hopefully he won't be clueless as well...if so, move on to another dealer. Yes, they know whether it's a Chally or Charger and whether it's for an M6 or A8. I found out the hard way in the last couple of weeks. Finally found a dealer in TX who has his $hit together. Had to drop the brass monkey wheel option today to get the order to move past BG though. Kinda bummed, but I can get all 4 wheels powdercoated for $380 plus the cost of the powder, so it's pretty much a wash except for the cost of taking the tires off and on and re-balance. And I'm going to buy a different set (replica) of rears so I can run 10.5-11.0" wheels. So I can sell my two rear HC wheels and recoup some of the cost as well.