SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Tremec Transmission & Drivetrain

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim Hetrick 
#1 ·
Is the HC Tremec configured with one or two clutch plates and does the rear end have an open or limited slip differential? Additionally, do the drive mode settings alter the state of traction control?

I recently had a situation where I spun the rear tire(s) on dry asphalt due to unloading one of the rear wheels during a slow speed turn onto a graded driveway. I couldn't tell if I spun only one or both wheels due to the lack of witness marks from my 3-season Pirelli's. A good friend tells me that some high performance cars no longer use a limited-slip differential. Instead, the brake at the corner with excessive tire slippage under acceleration is applied. In my case, I'm quite sure that upon engine start-up, traction control is enabled by default so I assume it was activated during this event and only the unloaded wheel spun. Any thoughts??

#2 ·
With all the burn out videos I've seen they all have both rear tires spinning so I would say they have posi traction. Maybe limited slip

#5 ·
What you might have felt or seen was the traction control anti slip action, unless you were under hard start your wheels will spin independent of each other because it has independent rear end. Thats just a quick answer. The clutch as stated above is dual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.