SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Triumph Performance Forged 18"x10.5" Wheels

12K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  owenspackman 
#1 ·
Well I have been talking to Bismarck @ Triumph wheels about making me a matching set of M05.YX Monoblock Wheels in 18"x10.5" To run as a drag set for my Hellcat. So he got me a set of 18" blanks and is going to make them so I can run a 305/45/18 MT ET Street R Drag Radials. The MT's came in today and here is a pic of the blanks Bis is going to work on the wheels so stay tuned I will post updates as they get built. :D

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice. Now I know why he did a text message to me last week. I thought it was strange. After I texted back hello etc. nothing back from him. Bet he got busy and forgot he should have tried to sell me two!

FYI, mounting up the OEM with OEM tires, two with 500 mi two new $185 units and taking it road racing Monday. I think I would burn holes in the inner rear fenders with my big rears. Besides can't think about spraying dust all over the good wheels even with the aftermarket pads I have.

#3 ·
Well I have been talking to Bismarck @ Triumph wheels about making me a matching set of M05.YX Monoblock Wheels in 18"x10.5" To run as a drag set for my Hellcat. So he got me a set of 18" blanks and is going to make them so I can run a 305/45/18 MT ET Street R Drag Radials. The MT's came in today and here is a pic of the blanks Bis is going to work on the wheels so stay tuned I will post updates as they get built. :D

View attachment 25471
View attachment 25472
View attachment 25473
Are you going to be able to bolt up the 18" with no sway bar mod?

#4 ·
DG Sounds fun let me know how it went ok.
I am not sure if the 18" will clear the sway bar I will have to check it if it is close I will just get a set for the rear.

#7 ·
Ok Billet, you be the leader. If it works, I am sure I will need two. Thought I had a deal on some 10" wide 20" dia. this weekend, but as I told them they could they sold them locally more easy than shipping. Darn it, it was a sweet deal, I should not have let them go, Triumph will not be cheap.

I really don't want to change the sway bar, because I want to get it primarily set up for the road and just be able to bolt on the drag set to show off at the strip.

I will let you know how it does on the track, but with the "novice" classification Monday I know I get compulsory instruction and I do not believe there is anything but lap time comparasions. But will do! Temps will be in the low 70's, no humidity so the beast will have power to spare coming out of corners, I'll keep most of the gremlins active. Been driving around in "track" lately, man does it turn this into a different car than default/street.

#18 ·
So from our collaboration this is a 12.6" wide tire. IMO this is the widest tire that just slightly fits under and FYI this sucker has little or no extra room on the inside. Specs on this basically is a 20mm backset on a 10.5" wide wheel. So the only alternative to wider is to allow it to begin to stick out more.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design

#29 ·
What are you putting on them? Reading today that over in WI lots of folks got together did some good runs, and MT was shown superior to the others.
DG look at the first post pics of the MT street R is what I'm going to put on them going to meet up with Bis right now to pick them up today and get them mounted

#32 ·
HB I have the set in 20" I live up by Borla so if you ever want to come up this way we could test fit the 18"&20" on your Charger. Here is a few pics of the 20"
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood

Reactions: Triumph
#35 ·
With the suspension hanging down I will need to shorten the sway bar links about 1" but I was able to get them on with putting the tire on the ground here are a few pics
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

Reactions: Triumph
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.