True or False You Decide

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by purnrg, Sep 19, 2015.

?

True, False, Maybe, I wish

Poll closed Sep 26, 2015.
  1. True

45.0%
  2. False

5.0%
  3. Maybe

30.0%
  4. I Wish

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge Cuda – Here we go again – another “Cuda” in the mix of the modern Mopar performance world. This has come up so many times in the past decade that it almost hurts me to report, as I have a hard time that this will finally be the time when Chrysler brings back the Plymouth Barracuda…as a Dodge. Reports from the announcement show insist that the Dodge Cuda – which likely wouldn’t arrive until 2019-2020 – is slightly smaller than the current Dodge Challenger, so the Cuda would compete with the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro. Also, these unofficial reports indicate that the Cuda will be available in both coupe and convertible form.

We have heard this all before, so when one shows up at an auto show, I will get excited then.

Durango SRT 392 – Although the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is one of the baddest SUVs sold in the world, there is a massive demand for a higher performance Dodge Durango. The Durango R/T has done a good job of offering mid level performance, but as long as there has been an SRT Jeep, there has been the call for an SRT Durango with slightly more interior space and more of a street-sport feel than the Jeep. If Jeep does introduce the Hellcat Grand Cherokee as the Trackhawk, the SRT Durango with the 392 cubic inch Hemi could bridge the gap…or maybe Dodge will use the engine from the Hellcat Challenger and Hellcat Charger in a Hellcat Durango. After all, SRT is slowly becoming a Dodge-only affair, so bringing the SRT SUV to the Dodge lineup makes sense.

Challenger American Drag Racer – This package has been talked about a great deal by the people who attended the dealer announcement event, but it also seems to have the most variations in the story. The most enticing story is that the Challenger ADR will be a stripped-down Hellcat model, packing only the things needed to go fast in a straight line, right down to wider rear quarter panels that house huge rear tires. The difference between this lightweight Hellcat Challenger ADR and the current Drag Pak (other than the engine) is the fact that, like the Viper ACR, the Challenger ADR would be street legal.

The other stories about the Challenger ADR agree that it is a lightweight package meant for street use and drag racing, but they insist that it is powered by the smaller Hemi engines. Some say 340 cubic inches, some say 345 cubic inches, some say 392 cubic inches – the inconsistency is one of the key reasons why I don’t trust these unofficial reports, but these vehicles are too good not to discuss…just in case they prove to be production realities someday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chrysler trainer staff came to my sales rep's dodge dealership and confirmed Dodge Barracuda will be 6" smaller than the challenger and it is in the works for the future production.

• Like Like x 1
  3. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Then vote bro

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Done bro

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Talked to a Chrysler engineer who told me back in 2011, there was very real plans to bring the 'Cuda back for the 2015 model year. Fiat cancelled those plans in favor of the more cost effective 1971 style refresh. I have no doubt that at sometime in the future the 'Cuda name will come back.

Will it look like a 1970s Barracuda? It might have a cue or two, but will probably look very little like the 1970s 'Cuda, Probably look like the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

The modern Challenger is enough of a mash up between the old 'Cudas and Challengers that it is just fine with me.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Did they also tell you that the largest engine will be a 3.6L V-6 with possibly a single turbo??? The Hemi's ARE going away in 2019 if the Fed's have their way! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is interesting and may be a subject for a different thread.
    It may indeed be the last of the big block interceptors.
    It is true that the cafe standards have an agreed upon ridiculously high mpg value, this may be just another way to collect "sin" taxes. Where do the legislators think this magic technology is going to come from? Do they think automakers make cars use more gas on purpose? The government sets the bar high with the expectation that they will be collecting fines when the goals are not met.

Another school of thought is that the mpg is a fleet average number. These high performance halo cars are a very small percentage of the total cars made and sold. Several thousand smaller, more fuel efficient cars are sold for every one high end evil car.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    15 years of Oil Prices below $50.00 per barrel so less taxes to state so maybe a carbon tax to compensate and to level out society for those less fortunate that spend less, in other words if you work hard you'll make less.

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. 559hellcat

559hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I spoke with he owners of my local dealership who are also friends and they attended the Vegas event. They totally confirm the ADR and say that it is insane. The owners wife turned to her son and said "Plan on ordering one for your Dad and one for Gary, "Me" whoo hoo

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    H/C Jeep: I believe it!

Cuda: I'll believe it when I see it...

Drag Pack Challenger: Would nice to see one in person... Heard they are real?

A Challenger ADR: I would buy one, but I don't believe it...

11. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have lived through this disappointment before, I have no doubt it will happen again. LOL

., 85cuda1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Cudas I think are already in the system for order as a 2017 MY I think.

13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No other details unfortunately

14. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Look-it, look-it 2fCxBFt.1.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle: