TSB 08-050-15 and HK w/ aftermarket components

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by goldenrichard, Nov 11, 2015.

1. goldenrichard

goldenrichard Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Hi all,

I'm starting a different thread on the recently issued TSB 08-050-15 Rev A and RRT 15-102 for the 2015 HK system because my issue is a little different.

As I detailed in a different post on the challengertalk forums, I gutted the HK system and tapped the factory amp with a Mosconi DSP to straighten out equalization and feed a JL Audio amp and Focal speakers.

Tuning the Mosconi was a lot of work. My only issue is that the noise floor is a little too high for my taste, because of low output from the factory HK amp--basically, the gains on the Mosconi have to be set a little too high.

I'm pondering whether to have the dealer install the TSB. If all that's affected is volume, this could solve my problem. But if they've also messed with equalization, then my hard work on the Mosconi tuning will potentially go down the drain.

Has anyone else with aftermarket components installed this TSB, and what is your experience?

Thanks very much for sharing.

Cheers,

--Golden

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Golden, I know from what you say you are way above my skill level. I dare say the bass, hi bass and low mid were boosted. My woofer barely if at all would fire before, it is very active now. The front set of all speakers seem much different. Cannot put my finger on it, we listened to one song last night from Meatloaf with dialog b4 the music, btw two performers, incredible separation and dynamic range I have not heard before up front, pretty impressive I will say.

Again don't know scht about your tuning and what may happen, but I bet the HC input will be a world stronger across the board.

David

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have no aftermarket components but I'm pretty sure there were significant changes other than just volume made. I think at least a couple of the speakers in the rear of mine were doing nothing and it sounded like the crossovers were feeding the wrong speakers if that is possible or at least that was the effect. It does sound great to me after the update.

4. iowamag

iowamag Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I had to change my EQ settings after the flash was done. I can't imagine you won't have to retune.

5. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The flash made a world of difference but now have my 2nd blown speaker in the deck

6. thedynoguy

thedynoguy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Golden, this sounds like what I might want to do with my Challenger. I did a similar upgrade to my 2010 F-350 crew cab with the Sync system using an Audio Control DQL-8 for the signal processor, and Focal separates, and a JL 900-5 amp and the results are great. Can you detail which Focal speakers you used in each of the locations? Also, while the door speakers don't seem too intimidating a swap, how were the dash speakers to replace? Thanks!