TWO 2016 CHALLENGER HELLCATS FOR $1,000 UNDER INVOICE

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by brandy16, Dec 9, 2015.

1. brandy16

brandy16 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I was out to my local dealer on Saturday and he had been bought out and there was a new owner. They have two 2016 Hellcats one black and one red. Both have a sun roof. They had an offer on the black one today of $1,000 under invoice which they excepted but the guy could not verify his income so no sale. These two cars are located in Auburn Washington the new owner says he has no personal attachment to these cars and wants to sell them and get some more. He also took all the second stickers off all of the cars and trucks he has. If I had the money one of them would be in my garage. If your interested PM me and I will get you there number. There web sit still list the cars for $10,000 over because they have not changed it yet. They tried to sell it to me for $1,000 under invoice but I just don't need the car right now. (wife said not till next year).

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    no excuses now!!! Time for the market to swing towards the buyers!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. lghtemup

lghtemup Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    well the dealers need to stop ordering what they think the public wants.their are plenty of people that are specific on what they want in the option category and a lot are not being sold due to that...the dealers should be on this forum and contact people when they get an allocation and then fill it..it would be better but I know they will loose the allocation if it doesn't go in very quickly..
    that is why soon these cars will sit due to people want certain options...and some will settle for less..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is refreshing...

I keep seeing jerk offs advertising for $5k-$10k all over the internet and Facebook SRT pages.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. abcdefg

abcdefg Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yesterday a white M6 with black satin sold 4k below msrp in Staten Island 2 hours before I called. There is a few cars around NY/NJ/PA now that seem like will go at or below. I got mine yesterday for 1k above coz it was exactly how I wanted it. Was on a waiting list for a month for allocation in feb - could not wait any longer

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think the opposite...people should start getting less fussy and just get their car.....when i bought mine i was going for any Sublime A8...didnt care about the options......i can see being fussy about the trans and the car color.....maybe not liking the basketball seats....but who cares if it has a sun roof or a body painted hood..

i figured prices would drop this winter...all those hard cores that had to have one in 2015 have one....now things will go to normal and someday be at -$4k as standard

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CharlieS

CharlieS Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd care about the sunroof and hood...that's 4k extra in options I didn't want, plus less headroom with the sunroof. I think they'd move more quickly if they aren't loaded to the gills with options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. brandy16

brandy16 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I don't think there are many options on the hellcat are there. The sun roof is one but if I had the money I would be taking it home. I would not order it with the sun roof but I wouldn't kick it out of the garage for having one.

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    being picky and expecting option perfection = no HC for you.....especially when there are only 4-5 options anyways

most dealers order loaded HC's because its what most people want...better to have too many options than too few....they arent stupid, they buy what sells best...ive always noticed most dealer ordered SRT's are loaded...both of mine were and both were bought off the showroom floor

if your spending $62k who cares about another $4k if you get more car for it....when you sell it will also be worth more someday......i wish they had the sunroof in early 2015.....its the one option i miss.....

stripped cars would most likely sit longer since most people who buy a $65k car want all the options...no need to be cheap about options when your spending crazy $$ already....

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't mind Huggy... he has this way of thinking he knows how to spend other people's money best. :p

If the exact options are important to you... hold out for what you want. I did. Eventually you will either get an order in or find one used. They are allegedly making Hellcats through 2018, so you have time. It just takes patience.... which is really really difficult to have in this situation.... but it will pay off. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. brandy16

brandy16 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Your correct about the options. What happened when dodge listened to all those who said give us a striped down SRT (called the core.) They don't sell a core any more because no on bought them.

12. Mopar Magic

Mopar Magic Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The scat pack has basically replaced the core from what I can tell. It is the 6.4 with the single mode suspension like the core was. My understanding is that there are more options available on the scat pack than there were on the core but other wise fills a similar slot.

13. Jontall

Jontall Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My friend spoke to the owner today about the white Hellcat and he said the asking price was $11,000 above MSRP and they took $4,000 off that ADM so the car sold for $7,000 over MSRP. The dealer is "Island Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram" on Staten Island, NY and they always sell above MSRP.

14. oa-5599

oa-5599 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went 'round the Auburn WA dealership last night to pick up my plates and they were both sold. Show room was quite empty. I didn't ask what the selling prices were.

15. CharlieS

CharlieS Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Actually, I bought my HC last week optioned the way I want. A8,Laguna, and the normal 2016 features. It was identical to my ordered HC. I think things are loosening up somewhat.