Two Hellcats Racing at Willow Springs (pics and vids)

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by FA5T CAT, May 23, 2015.

1. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ran into (not literally) a Charger Hellcat with the same color scheme as my challenger Hellcat (Phantom Black). He should be responding to this thread since I had made him aware of our online forum.... Anyhow, we raced in the same group at Willow Springs (until I moved up a group since there were other drivers making that group turn into more of a shit show than a race). We both ran around 1:40... I think he coulda done better had it not been for the extra 200 pounds of tape he put on his car. I think someone told him we were driving through a sand storm with a high chance of hail. LOL (just messing with you bud). I'm working on the video editing (I had a go pro mounted on the front, sides and rear - facing behind me). Gonna try to sync them and put together a split screen. Unfortunately he is only seen in the rear camera view. sorry bro... Couldn't resist!!
    Stay tuned for the video... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    How long does it take to clean the car up after this?

3. MizzouRT

MizzouRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    LOL on the 200 pounds of tape. Looking forward to the video!

• Like Like x 2
  4. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The funniest part was someone at the track asked me how I got the metal flakes in the paint. I told him it was spray paint. He asked me what kind and where he can find some at! LOL! He was probably a friend of the guy who took a picture of me at the last track day...

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I chewed up my tires from slipping off the track on turn 9. Was able to gain control and stay on the track. Was a close call though! I got it on video... Will post the video tomorrow. This editing thing is a job! image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was at a car show, just today, and some moron with a mustang was telling me how 'hellcats are only hype", and how a 4-cylinder mustang almost kept up with a Hellcat at willow springs, and all the non-four-cylinder mustangs were leaving the hellcat behind with ease, and that the hellcat was turning among the slowest lap times at that track. He had a lot of fun, ridiculing Hellcats to all who would listen to him. He said there is a video of it, online. I chose not to stoop down and argue with him, so I just said "really, I have not seen that video, somehow, thought I'd seen 'em all."
    A lot of haters these days.

7. 707SRT8

707SRT8 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I told you turn 9 was a hard one glad you stayed on track cant wait to see the video.

8. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow
    wow!!! That's ridiculous!!! I'll post my video with a Ferrari, Porsche, corvette, GTR, Mustangs galore, along with many others, gathering dust on their hoods from my back tires!! Fuckin idiot!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    also, he should know that these cars don't drive themselves. the same football my kid throws 2 feet, roethlisberger throws at 200 (I think)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Eagerly awaiting the video. LOL @ 4banger rustang keping up with a 'Cat........kids these day and their wild imaginations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you have a Hellcat at the car show?

12. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, these days, if a fellow lets his decrepit grandma do one lap in his hellcat, as it's her final days on this earth and she's always dreamed of such a beast, and she sedately limps it around the track in the valet mode, every other driver takes video to post and gloat about how 'their car humiliates Hellcats!"
    It was rather a disappointing day at the show, honestly. One fellow had his Charger, an older late model, which had a vortech "supercharger" added to it along with many other mods (I used quotes, just because it sure looked like a turbo to me, but I'm no expert so I didn't argue when he said SC) and I was complimenting it because he had done a lot of custom paint, and added amps and subs and so on. Then he told me that it's making 620hp to the wheels, so "a hellcat wouldn't have a chance, against it." I started to say "wow, you must have switched out all the factory body panels to carbon fiber, to help offset that heavy speaker box and added amps, and give it a better-than-factory power to weight ratio?" but instead I just walked away. Seems many folks on this site have put down more than 620hp to the wheels of their bone-stock 'cat, yet, allegedly they wouldn't 'have a chance' if somebody makes similar power on his heavily modified older model despite all the added weight he added to his, --seems strange, huh?
    Then there were the other Challenger owners, telling folks how their car is just as fast as a Hellcat because Hellcats 'cannot put all that 'excess' power to the ground anyway, so it's just 'wasted'.
    ~I could have spent the whole day arguing and debating, but instead I just bit my tongue, as it's near impossible to change the opinion of those that are mired in jealousy!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I took my phantom black one, and mine was the only one there; but it was annoying hearing all the 'envy' chatter. I wasn't talking down anybody's cars, I like cars of all makes and models, but there sure were a lot of folks saying their disparaging comments about Hellcats, and how this car or that car would demolish a cat on the track, and so on. I was sure wishing I had a laptop, with your video of you at spring mountain, for them to see and maybe open their eyes a bit!

14. Rock Petrick

Rock Petrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would assume that your Challenger has a tune or possibly a leg up from bone stock?
    What would happen if you raced your Challenger against your Charger?

PS Love the Air Dam Work!

15. FA5T CAT

FA5T CAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The hellcat gains a lot of respect on the track. I tell everyone everyone that I'm a rookie which I think aggravates them because they're seasoned drivers that have comparable vehicles that are getting beat by me by several seconds. There was a Porsche Turbo, Benz S63 and an Audi R8 that had a hard time letting me pass... And after I finally get around them, you'll see their cars in my rear view camera disappear pretty quickly. I just laugh...... Although I really shouldn't be beating up on most of those.
    Fontana video was just as good... Did you get to see that one? The one that says "2 of 2" is the good one. I think it comes up as a recommended video after you click on the point pass video. Or you can just click on my uploads and find it that way... The "point pass" video kinda sucks cuz there's a lot of traffic and that was my first run ever on that track (second time on a track in my life, at that). The 2 of 2 video is after I figured out the lines and felt more comfortable. Was hitting close to 160 on the straight and 130 through the "bowl." You shoulda just told them, "go check out the new video of the hellcat racing at Fontana and spring mountain. I think there are a few mustangs, corvettes, Porsches, audis and BMWs in that video.... Although you can only see them for a few seconds..." LOL

Last edited: May 24, 2015