Two Piece 56" Race Ramps?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, Dec 27, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Need your valued advice:

Looking at a set of ramps made by Race-Ramps # RR-56-2 they are a 2 piece design which makes storing them very nice, plus once the car is in place you can remove the first section to give you additional access room.--------- This set only lifts the car 8" which I'm fine with.

1. Would you know if the Challenger's splitter will clear whereas they have a 10.75 degree incline angle?

2. Should I consider moving up to the RR-56-2 w/HD option which increases the capacity from 3K to 5K load which is only $50.00 more?

3. Is the drain plug in the rear of the oil pan?

4. Is it advisable to put the car in economy mode when driving onto these ramps? ---- although I've been doing this successfully for years, I've never been comfortable with the process -- especially driving up a car with a million HP !!!! :rolleyes:

Thank you!

2. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    3. Yes

3. PlumCrzyHellcat

PlumCrzyHellcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just went out and checked. Mine clear, no problems. image.jpeg

4. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't have a set of these... IMHO I think the standard ramps would be fine... certainly enough capacity. Eco mode really affects the shift points... I "think" it also locks out first gear in the A8... I don't think eco changes HP in the Hellcat... but in the 392 it does activate cylinder deactivation. As for switching it to eco to pull it on the ramps it is not necessary. You won't be using 700 HP to pull it on the ramps. If you do... please set up a video camera I gotta see this! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I use those on my Hellcat with no issue, i just put it in D and drive up the ramps, never had an issue. I DO have the extensions for the ramps as well, i had them from my previous CHallenger since it was lowered a bit, but i have also not used them on the new setup and works like a champ. Expensive, but really nice

6. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [QUOTE="Hemi Rocket, You won't be using 700 HP to pull it on the ramps. If you do... please set up a video camera I gotta see this! :D[/QUOTE]

That's true but still be using over 400 LBS of torque ! ---- I'm sure I'll be fine. Thank you !

Crazy thought; but we've all heard how on occasions of elderly people inadvertently stepping on the gas instead of the brake winding up causing some considerable damage to a store front which always seems to be in some strip mall ------------- well can you imagine what that would be like if it was a Hellcat !!! ------ it would most likely take out the entire mall !!! :eek:

PS: thank you all for your help !!

7. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the one piece 56" and they work great.

8. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    for just ramps I went with RR-TR-4 they worked great getting the hellcat on a trailer.

9. BK2-Hellcat

BK2-Hellcat VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We went with the RR-XT-2 setup. 67" long, 10" high, 14" wide 2 piece set. Works like a champ on the hellcat.

To date, had the 14 Explorer, 13 Fusion, 05 Mustang and Hellcat on it with no issues to report.

BK2