Typical IAT temperatures vs. ambient?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by im3cpo, Dec 12, 2015.

1. im3cpo

im3cpo Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me start by saying that I realize there are tons of variables to consider when looking at temperature differences, but I am curious to know what others are getting for their IAT Temperature compared to ambient under normal driving conditions.

I installed a BWoody intake earlier today along with the IAT harness. When I was running the stock intake, I would see IAT temperatures that were about double ambient during normal driving (when ambient was around 42F and high humidity [92%], I would see IAT temps around 84F).

I am getting about the same results with the BWoody intake and IAT harness:

IAT.jpg

2. One Ton Racer

One Ton Racer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try this thread.

intake air temperatures | SRT Hellcat Forum

3. mep_q8

mep_q8 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just took a look at the other thread and wanted to add on to this. On most supercharged engines from factory no matter what make, they read the IAT in the manifold/supercharger. This gives a better idea of what calculations need to be made to keep your engine safe.

Since it is a blower, can you imagine all the radiant heat soaking onto all that metal and the internal reservoirs. A spacer might help drop IATs 10-15*F, but not much to do unless you start spraying methanol.