U Connect. Worth it or not??

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by solo7777, Oct 20, 2015.

1. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My one year trial is ending the middle of December, and I wanted to get some opinions about whether you all think U Connect is worth it or not. At $149 a year, most of the features seem to have issues. Let me elaborate. Remote lock, start, etc. Even with all the latest updates, upgrades to the iPhone, and head unit, etc, This rarely works at all. Always seems to timeout and fail. Called U connect and found out about the stolen vehicle reporting. Basically you have to call the police and file a police report get the detectives number and then notify U connect with all that info. before they will locate your vehicle. That is basically useless. Car would probably be out of the country by then. Yelp seems to work pretty good. 911, roadside assistance seem cool, if they really work. I just think that $149 a year for these features that mostly don't work seems like a waste what do you guys think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Useless Solo7777
    Uconnect is not for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would consider renewing only if most of the IPhone communication issues were solved. I like the Uconnect idea in principle, however, too much is lost in the actual usage.

4. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't forget you will have the satellite radio to pay for too.

5. Tomcat707

Tomcat707 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have been a faithful OnStar (GM) and M-B mBrace (Mercedes) subscriber. I was planning to also be a UConnect subscriber as well. The best part of this for me is to know that if you have a wreck, 911 is a one button push. I also like the ability to just push the button and say.... Hello Mam. Can you help me program my garage doors? And she does. Or say can you tell me how to activate my rain sensing wipers? ... and she does. OR...say I have a flat and I don't have a spare!!! And she sends the rescue wagon. I also like the idea of getting a text if the car gets swiped. I don't think it has features as good as the Benz or the GM but I think it is still worth it to me.

And I hate the Sirius radio deal! I won't do that simply based on the utter and complete lack of customer service these guys have. It is easier to beam plasma particles across the universe than to try and cancel or transfer a subscription.

6. Jugrnt

Jugrnt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You also lose the performance page plus screen ( ability to see gauges/boost/etc.) on the
    radio display. You can still see them on the cluster screen ( steering wheel view ).

7. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not sure if that is totally correct. I'll find out Dec 19th after I try this:
    Remove Performance pages from Uconnect | SRT Hellcat Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jugrnt

Jugrnt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well I certainly just lost mine as of the 20th of this month. Now I just get a Contact Uconnect message to purchase
    the yearly sub. I appreciate the link SOLO... I think I'll call them up and hope I get it back. IT
    SHOULD NEVER GO AWAY REGARDLESS IMHO.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  9. solo7777

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed. Good luck, let us know what happens.

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When I bought my car I only got six months of service, But my boost gauge and horsepower read out still works, To keep your ETs and other info like that you need to pay

11. rw99

rw99 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Whaaaaat? That ain't right.

UConnect is pretty much bad beta software. Its functionality comes and goes; and features that were touted a year ago (e.g. send NAV route from phone to car) never showed up.

But making gauges and displays part of a subscription service??? That's complete BS, and pisses me off :mad:

Rich

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OOOOOH... I'm crying Foul... I didn't know we lost the gauges... to me, they are basic to the car... like the steering wheel! Do you lose Navi as well?