UConnect Questions

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kaiju, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, for anyone that has found answers in the manual that I either missed, or people who have their Hellcat, maybe you could answer a few questions.
    1. I want to sync my phone for phone calls, but not text messages. I do this easily in my daily driver, but in the Hellcat, I don't see any options for disabling the texts, only to remove the sync or add a new one.

2. Enabling Valet mode is very easy, but someone was telling my you could customize how much HP was available in Valet mode. Is that true, and if so, how do I go about doing that?

2. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    3. Does your Uconnect access actually work? I setup my account, downloaded the app on my phone, and I try sending lock/unlock/start commands, and I get the email confirmations, but nothing happens. The app shows my phone as online/enabled, but it doesn't seem to work.

3. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not true. Red key = all power, black key = 500 hp, valet mode 300 hp. You can turn off valet mode by disconnecting the car battery for a minute. Page 301 of the owners manual:
    "NOTE: If your 4 digit PIN is lost or forgotten, the vehicle will exit Valet Mode after a battery disconnect for approximately one minute. Reconnect the battery and cycle the ignition to the RUN position, the vehicle will be in Default Mode."

4. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    what kind of phone do you have Kaiju....for some reason I'm recalling that the iphone doesn't work too well with the car, perhaps I'm mistaken.

oh oh and Tammie!!!!!!! This was my question I couldn't remember. Have you fired the cat up via phone yet?

5. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The iPhone doesn't work with the text system in the UConnect, it is not compatible. Depending on the phone, you might not be able to disable text messaging, wondering why you would want to do that anyways? What phone do you have Kaiju? And the remote UConnect app works fine for me, it takes about 2 minutes to lock or unlock, I have the iPhone 5S.

6. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have an Sony Android phone. I want to disable the texting because it interrupts the music! haha. I have a watch that alerts me when I get a text, and I can read the text message on there if I want, and keep my phone in my pocket. The phone call interrupting music is fine, but the having it stop the music and then keep talking until I look away from the road and find the ignore? Hate that....just want the phone call portion.

But yes, the text options with the iPhone are not compatible due to increased encryption/security.

Also, I had asked the SRT tech at my dealer about disconnecting battery, he told me that wasn't true. But if it's in the manual, then he is a liar, and that doesn't make me feel too good about having him do work on my car :(

7. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm pretty sure any Bluetooth device (car radio, portable speaker, anything) will be interrupted with a text IF you have ringer on. If you turn the ringer off I think the text interruptions will stop. Phone call interruptions will continue. Educated techy guess.

8. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sounds right.

9. solo7777

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would try a couple of things, first, turn off the watch and see if that is interfering. Next, if not, see if there is a sound/vibration setting that can be disabled for text messages on the phone.

P.S. we just tested this with my friends android phone, he has BT headset and I texted him and it did not interrupt. His version is KitKat 4.4.4.

Here is my theory, if you are streaming BT music, and then get a text which also uses BT, your getting an interruption because the phone cannot transmit BT to 2 devices simultaneously. When you get the text, it is interrupting the radio stream to send the text to the watch.So try to turn the watch off and see if somebody can send you a text while you are streaming through the UConnect to see if that solves the problem.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm on 4.4.4 as well, and I did not have my watch when I was driving. I actually only had one day with my car so far, and trying to get answers so that when I get it back, hopefully I can get those things correct. I really don't think I should have to disable text alerts on phone in order to get car to work. My daily car has no issues, and it has a setting in the car for whether you want text features on or off with your sync'd phone.

11. solo7777

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK, well then, that is officially weird. Good luck figuring this out. If you do, please let me know.

12. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I went through the manual again last night. Nothing. I can't wait to get my car back so I can try messing with it.

13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, iPhone is not compatible for text messages via UConnect, but you can get calls. If you have an android you can set it up to get text messages and calls. I believe in your settings you can shut off the text, but I don't have an android anymore. I think it is with the phone connect settings. It was in my Charger.

14. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I think there is a setting in UConnect. I cannot find anything in the manual and I don't have an Android anymore, but when I did in my 2012 Charger I could shut voice text on or off and I think it shut the message tone off also. Sorry, I wish I was more help on this.o_O

15. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's okay, thanks for the input anyways :)
    I was just trying to get answers since I don't have access to my hellcat at the moment.