Uconnect Remote Signals from Phone

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by Lew, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Lew

Lew Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got my Uconnect Access all set up yesterday and the helpful lady said I should test it to make sure it works. You have three signal options: Lock or unlock doors, Start or stop engine and start horn and lights.
    I decided to test it by sending the horn and lights signal. About three minutes later, the lights started flashing and the horn started blowing. Now what? I didn't know how to shut them off. After a minute or so I pressed the send button again hoping that would stop it. A few minutes after that or what seemed like an hour they finally stopped. A minute or so after that, the second signal from my phone arrived and the noise began anew. I don't know if it was three minutes or five, seemed like an hour but the thing finally shut up and went back to bed.

So given it takes several minutes bouncing off satellites to reach your car, what possible use could this horn and light signal have? You certainly can't use it as a panic button, takes too long to start. I suppose the only real use for it is to locate the car should you lose it in the parking lot. Who doesn't remember where they parked a Hellcat?

2. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure. I only use it for remote start on cold days and probably will for hot days too. Yes it takes several minutes to kick in. Oh, I also use it if I think I forgot to lock the doors.

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah there's a delay in that app