Unable to place an order?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Aug 21, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Based on very helpful information from this forum I decided to move forward and get one of these incredible machines on order. (2016 Hellcat Challenger)

Wow !!! was I surprised: went to 2 different dealers and neither of them would take my order stating they are unable to enter the order at this time ------------ no reason giving ???

One of the very large dealers said they expect to have a significant allotment of Hellcats and will call me.

The other smaller dealer said they won't be able to place an order until they receive their allotment which will be in about 6 months and will give me a call.

If this is because I'm in between 2015 and 2016 production then I would understand; but, the dealer saying he won't even get his allotment for 6 months make very little sense to me??

2. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Better start calling more dealers. Dealers with allocation can be found----you just have to search. Tons of demand for these cars. Good luck!

3. Hellyeah1

Hellyeah1 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Now you have entered the Hell part of the Hellcat!! Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellcat Prof

Hellcat Prof VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The new allocation system will not allow a dealer to place an order without allocation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Found this on allpar.com today: The new 2016 Hellcat allocations and vouchers • Allpar News

From Dodge:

Start Date: 8/13/2015 5:39 PM

End Date 9/13/2015 12:00 AM (Note: All times are EST)

[​IMG]

This year marked an historic year for the Dodge Brand. In addition to the launch of the 2015 Challenger and Charger, Dodge took mainstream performance to the next level with the unveiling of the Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat. These 707 horsepower models took the industry by storm. The media frenzy, along with unprecedented demand, made these cars some of the most popular vehicles in the marketplace.

[​IMG]

Throughout 2015, every measure was taken to increase production to meet this demand. While we succeeded in increasing production, not all of the demand could be met. Shutting off orders in early March was a tough decision but it allowed us to work through building the large amount of existing orders. We have been working hard on our 2016 model year plan, which includes nearly doubling production over 2015 model year levels.

We have improved the 2016 model year ordering and scheduling process based on your feedback. When ordering opens on August 17th, we want everyone to be clear on the allocation process. Details are as follows:

Two allocations to occur for the 2016 model year: August 17th, 2015 and February 2016 (Date TBD)

Dealer Allocation and Methodology:

• 2016 model year SRT Hellcat allocation volumes will continue to be based on past Dodge sales performance
    • Allocation will be adjusted based on dealers’ average historical Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat “days on lot” performance
    • Dealers will be advised of their full 2016 model year allocation potential on August 17th, 2015
    • Dealers will be advised of their first half of the 2016 model year allocation on August 17th, 2015
      • Allocation will occur on a monthly basis (Note: Half year allocations may not be evenly spread across each allocation period)
      • Not all dealers will receive an allocation every month
      • Allocations will be broken out by model and by transmission type
    • Dealers will receive the second half of their 2016 model year allocation (net of adjustments) in February 2016
    • System changes will now prohibit dealers from ordering a Hellcat without available allocation
    [​IMG]

Dodge recently announced that unscheduled 2015 model year Dodge SRT Hellcat sold orders will be cancelled. Affected customers will receive a personalized incentive that can be applied toward the purchase of a 2016 model year Dodge Challenger or Charger SRT Hellcat. We are currently in the process of calling affected customers to verify their eligibility and cancel their 2015 model year order. Details are as follows:

• Only customers whose name appears on the personalized incentive are eligible
    • Personalized incentive is non-transferable (customer name on the certificate must match the NVDR or dealer is subject to chargeback)
    • Only valid on the purchase of a new or unused 2016 model year Dodge Challenger or Charger SRT Hellcat
    We look forward to another successful year for the Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat.

6. Hellyeah1

Hellyeah1 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome!! So this confirms that if we have a VON then the dealer must have an allocation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Allocations will be broken out by model and by transmission type
    wow... So allocation is broken by model and transmission. Now it makes sense when some of the dealer says that they can't do M6 or A8

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    keep your options open. Sounds like the voucher people will also have a bad time with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Call my guy Robert Anderson if interested however they have a markup of $10k I believe. (307) 258-3981 Let him know HCDC sent you so he can know who source came from and I don't make any referral fees.

10. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    still 10K wow
    I heard my dealer went to 8K after my car but I did not think they had any with MY16. ( They went 20K on the Charger in Feb)

11. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dang 20k!! Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they still went high this 2016 round

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know I got mine, was a deal. I think they wish they would not have sold to me, cause they missed out on a mark up. I was told they could have got 10-12 on my car ( after I brought it in for first oil change).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I was one of the few lucky ones so I feel you on that

• Like Like x 1
  14. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellyeah1 - The only way your VON may be in the clear is if you have a 2016 VON. If you have a 2015 VON, I read they will cancel and provide you with an incentive.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the lucky 9-9-14 club

• Funny Funny x 1