upgraded brakes???

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Wanz, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Wanz

Wanz Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    More Information for POWER STOP TDK6794

Power Stop Track Day Kit

Has anyone used this, if so is it worth the money? My hellcat is a daily, but i live overseas and it is going over a 100 MPH daily on the freeway, I want better stopping power because there are still idiots on this side of the world.

Also, anyone know of a place i can find stock looking rims that will fit a 305 or bigger.

2. Billy182

Billy182 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try Hawk brake pads. A lot of SCCA guys use their stuff

3. Bananahead

Bananahead Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just switched to these after using the Z23 pads, primarily for track use. My first experience with them after a full day at the track and a LOT of hard braking is that they performed very well. The Z23 pads experienced a touch of fade after a few laps, these never had a trace of fade under pretty hard usage. More dust than the Z23, but far less than the stock Brembo pads.

The only negative was brake squeaking at the end of the day and when I got home which I attributed to the hardness of the pads and a bit of dust. You do have to break them in, seat them, according to the instructions.

4. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think you'd be fine with better pads and maybe a DOT 4 fluid swap....if you are on the brakes a lot. We've got high quality rotors and calipers right from the factory....no need to spend the extra $$$$ for rotors. A really great member here, and a guy that tracks his HellCat, recommended Porterfield RC-4 racing pads. His handle is "DGatzby". When my modifications fund recovers.....I fully expect to swap in the Porterfield pads. I will be doing the swap to Castrol SRF DOT 4 fluid now, however.

I've used Carbotech in the past and currently run Paggid pads in my Mustang....that sees the track / heavy use. Both brands perform extremely well on the track. The Paggids are significantly quieter on the street. A couple of things to keep in mind....as you move closer to a true race pad.....it will not function ( less bite ) as well when the brakes are cold or cool...and they can / will be very noisy if not up to temp.....I'm talking down right shrill.

As Bananahead described....you'll need to follow the manufacturers specified "Bedding Process." This mates the surfaces but also serves to DeGas the pads. If not done properly....the pads won't perform or last like they should. Some dealers or manufacturers offer pre-bedded pads. My Carbotech's were pre-bedded for and additional $20.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dubai-707

Dubai-707 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any recommendations on break pads upgrade ?

6. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The answer is right above. Also the Track Brake thread that you also posted to has great opinions and info from several others.

From Sendrofan...."I think you'd be fine with better pads and maybe a DOT 4 fluid swap....if you are on the brakes a lot. We've got high quality rotors and calipers right from the factory....no need to spend the extra $$$$ for rotors. A really great member here, and a guy that tracks his HellCat, recommended Porterfield RC-4 racing pads. His handle is "DGatzby". When my modifications fund recovers.....I fully expect to swap in the Porterfield pads. I will be doing the swap to Castrol SRF DOT 4 fluid now, however."

• Like Like x 1
  7. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bondurant was using Stop Tech pads.

8. 66CHARGER 318

66CHARGER 318 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The stock rim will fit a 305 no problem