Upgraded/Solid bushings for rear subframe

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by pivotal, Apr 19, 2016.

1. pivotal

pivotal Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys. Does anyone know of a vendor that makes upgraded/solid bushings for the rear subframe? I've reached out to Whiteline and Energy Suspension, but neither have anything for the Hellcats yet.

I've upgraded to better tires, but now the rear end squirms quite a bit under hard acceleration.

Thanks!

Matt

2. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

3. pivotal

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool, thanks Paul!

4. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  5. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you just do the bushings, please report back. I have tried and bought everything, the Trailing Arms did NOT cure wheel hop alone. The two other connectors I installed from Spohn does have Delrin bushings and after that the wheel hop is cured, period. I did NOT change the cradle bushings or add that ridiculous looking Hop Not Kit. Looking at the bushings in our two connectors out back, that lower-back silver connector has the most suspicious bushings next to the OEM Trailing arms. Stamped made in Mexico and crapper looking than the wheel bushings on my lawn mower, if I did it again and was on a budget, I would go for those four bushings first and maybe the trailing arm. I bet that would do it for those on a budget. Hope someone just tries that and reports back.

Remember the wheel hop is caused by slop in our OEM suspensions that is designed to be the best for comfort and performance. Some of us just want to shade more towards performance.

6. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's quite a process to replace these, Eric has the tools to do this much easier and what he charges is a good deal, if he is out of range I would have a shop that does suspensions do the install, the cradle has to be dropped out of the car to do this.
    TC

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TC is right. Matter of fact the same shop that did the work for me is going to install my DS next week. I called and thanked them this morning because until the past few days, I did not realize what a good deal I received for this work. Glad I am recovering from a back fusion and did not even try it myself! I have talked on the phone with another member doing it at home yesterday, he is an accomplished mechanic, was doing it with jacks, but told me it was a PIA. Sure makes a difference.

TC what have you done to your suspension? Just the driveshafts? You and Linda are my lead with showing off our quickness. Amazing, be safe and have fun.

8. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No changes to either car, they leave like a bat out of hell as they are.
    TC

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. pivotal

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not experiencing wheel hop. The rear end of the car is basically swaying from side to side when I apply full throttle.

Right now I'm planning to do just the bushings because my car is lowered about 1.5" in the rear and from what I gather the Spohn control arms may make contact with the body.

10. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So the problem of lateral movement or what us old dudes call "fishtailing", probably will not be solved with bushings. If that is your only complaint, that is great. I would not do a thing but find better tires. I have driven three of these now and all three do the same hop under my foot. Now mine spins very straight forward and at about all speeds under 70.

11. jmc2995

jmc2995 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    DGatsby Confirmed that the Whiteline bushings do indeed fit the cradle of the 2015+ challenger

• Like Like x 1
  12. Racist Cat

Racist Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My car does the same thing. I just assumed it was from the tires squirming trying to find traction. Whenever this happens to me, the car is leaving down rubber. It isn't lighting up the rear tires, but just laying a patch of two stripes.

13. alexspop

alexspop Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your assumptions are right on.

Unless you are feeling the back start to raise, and then suddenly snap one direction or the other, cradle bushings really aren't needed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. macwest

macwest Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I keep calling BFNY performance on the bushings guess the guy they have that makes them wants 25 sets per order so they are looking into a new vendor. We should see about getting a group of us together so we all can get them.

15. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My post #4?