Used 2015 Challenger Hellcat Price

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Mopar707, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought my 2015 Challenger Hellcat for MSRP from a dealer in Atlanta just under a year ago, $62,080. The local CJD dealers wanted 15K over MSRP. After eight months of driving it, I traded it in 3 and 1/2 months ago and negotiated the new car price and trade-in value separately. They gave me $2500 off MSRP on the new car and shopped for a buyer for the Hellcat and got me $62,000. The trade-in dealer was not a CJD dealer said they did not want the Hellcat on their lot. The Hellcat cost me $10 a month in depreciation for the eight months. I walked out of the dealership with a new car and a check for 38K and change. The trade-in dealer told me the car was being shipped to a dealer out of town.

Three and a half months later, I am driving my 67 Plymouth GTX when a guy comes up and comments on how nice the car is. He is a car guy, so we start talking. He tells me he has a buddy looking at a Hellcat at the local CJD dealer. He describes the car, mileage, options etc. and I start to thinking that is my car. He says the story the CJD dealership gave his buddy was that the car was bought by a really old guy who died and his wife traded it in on something she preferred driving. I begin thinking about the Bruce Willis movie with that creepy kid where Bruce is dead, but just does not know it yet. The Sixth Sense????

I go to the dealership and check the VIN and it is my old car. I tell the salesman that the story of my demise is greatly exaggerated. LOL They are asking 69K for the car on their web site, but have supposedly called the guy's buddy and offered it to him for 62 and then 59. I had assumed the prices would drop once supply caught up with demand, much like the recent Camaro ZRI's and Corvettes, so felt my timing with the sale was pretty good. If the dealer has been sitting on the car for 3 and 1/2 months, had added window tint and was willing to take 59 for the car I did alright. Mileage on the car was within a few miles of when I traded it in - under 2,000 miles.

The dealer had two new Challenger Hellcats sitting out front, one a 2015 and the other a 2016. They had a quoted MSRP plus $598 on both of them, that came up to 69K. Neither had an actual window sticker showing MSRP. I asked the guy if they would sell either car for 69K and he said no, they would need to have dealer markup on top of that.

I told the guy I had bought the one they had used a year ago for MSRP at $62,080 and he said that that was about where it could be bought now. He said there were only 1400 Challenger Hellcats made for 2015 so they were quite rare - there were actually 7,800 plus. Then he changed direction and said that they would take MSRP for the two sitting in front.

I love car sales people. They are so clueless.

IMG_20160201_140830660.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny story. You received a check for $38k so I'm assuming you didn't get another Hellcat then? Please don't tell us you have a dart now...lol

3. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I remember your original post and saw that it had been "sold" to Jax CJD, I can believe they still have it as they are majorly out of touch with reality at that dealership. I tried to buy both Challenger and Charger hellcats from them earlier this year at msrp, they laughed. I received numerous emails from the sales guys wanting to sell me the hellcat, I always responded that I would be glad to purchase at msrp, each time they never replied. I've gone to them a half-dozen times since 2008 trying to buy from them, never was able to do a deal. Their nonsense really ramped up a notch when the 2012 Jeep SRT was announced, that's when the dealer mark-up and bs really got going. They lost out on 3 new Jeep SRT's and 4 new Ram 1500 4x4's. They'll never learn and I'll never buy anything from them. However, I can't complain about the service department, they've treated me very well over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BeBeep

BeBeep SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great deal you got selling your Hellcat and beautiful GTX. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    67 GTX Feb 2106 2.jpg
    I got a 2016 Honda CRV EXL that looks just like the 2011 Honda CRV EXL I drove for five years before the Hellcat. I got a car buyers survey after I bought the Hellcat that asked what I looked for in a car and I checked reliability, fuel economy, resale value, fours doors, some hauling capacity etc. and said crap, I missed on a few of those. Hellcat not a good car to haul mulch, sod, construction materials etc. from Lowes. I did jump on the intersate late one night in the Hellcat and not traffic so I nailed it. I was watching the speedo close and it was not until the car seemed to start to miss that I realized I had bumped of the rev limiter and was still in third. The speedo showed that at 139 and I had three gears left. Damn, the engine did not sound at all like it was reving too high! I decided I might be too old for the car. No dead yet, just too old for the car!

Note the plate on the GTX.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I tried to buy locally, but they wanted 15K over MSRP. I bought the Hellcat at Landmark Dodge in Atlanta when they had four on the showroom floor they were holding to get 15K over MSRP and Dodge came out and said if you had one in inventory you would not be getting another. They moved all four at MSRP in about two days. Mine was white, which was an okay color, but not my first choice. Silver would have been better.

7. hemiplymouth

hemiplymouth Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One fine 67 X