Valet Glitch, locked out of valet mode!? Resolved

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by TheBeaSSt, Jun 18, 2016.

1. TheBeaSSt

TheBeaSSt Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Folks,

I've used the search and didn't find any results with "valet problems", "valet glitch" or "valet issues".

This happened the other day. Has anybody locked themselves out of valet mode? I have used valet mode a few times just for cruising, to see how it responds in valet mode, and everything worked as expected. But the other day I dropped my car off for service and I was stopped at a red light and tried to put it in valet mode and it asked for the pin and then it gave a message of a bunch of check marks and a warning sign on the right side, it did NOT go into valet mode. I should have taken a picture, but I was in a hurry. I think it was like the typical "settings can't be changed while vehicle is in motion" warning, but on a different panel/page, even when the car was not in motion. I tried turning the car off and on (oh boy, here we are future) to reset the uconnect. Again, valet was not initialized but I had that popup on the screen and I couldn't put it into valet mode.

Stupid me kept saying "try valet again" and it didn't work. Dumb me was hitting the SRT button twice to put it into custom mode, I really don't remember if it put me in custom mode but the popup message was still on the screen so that wasn't good. Less dumb me hit the SRT button once and was able to get back and put it into valet mode. Maybe a beginners mistake, but it had to have been some type of glitch. I was stopped at a light when putting it in valet, but there could have been a point when I started rolling when entering the pin.

2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would like to rate it with useful and like at the same time. When you teach and educate someone it is useful and likable.
    Good job brother

• Like Like x 1
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum from upstate New York as well. Congrats on the rocket you now own and be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WNY Cat

WNY Cat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While you are driving the car, you will notice that the color word "Valet" changes between white and gray. You can only enter Valet mode when it is white.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. 16Blackcat

16Blackcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You have to be careful when you type your code in I accidentally typed one number off playing with it one day if you don't type the same exact code back in you can't take it back off again luckily the guy was showing it to realized what number I put in LOL

6. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you forget the code to Valet mode, you can unplug the battery and it will reset the computer.

7. TheBeaSSt

TheBeaSSt Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, I do know that, but this was something else. I was not locked IN valet mode, I was locked OUT of it! Imaging trying to drop your car off for service and can't put it in valet mode! It worked out though in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had the same problem with mine, but the unplugging of the battery alone did not reset it. I had to disconnect the negative and positive cables and touch them together for capacitive discharge. Do you with your doors open. That reset it for me to put a code in and i didn't have reset my radio stations.