Valet mode, just for fun...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Bananahead, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Bananahead

Bananahead Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife was telling me she would actually like to drive my cat, but she's scared to death of the power, just likes to drive a stick shift. So, I told her about valet mode and she got real interested.

Just for fun, I was sitting at a stop light on the way home and put the car into valet mode to see what the difference is.

Y'all need to try this. After driving the car 3900+ miles you get very used to only using the first 1/16" of the gas pedal around town, just a fact. In valet mode, it was like someone had replaced the engine with a small V6 and dumped 500 lbs into the trunk. What a total pig! My old VW had more power than this thing. I could floor it and my reward was the car slowly moving ahead and sounding like a cheap vacuum cleaner (with a neat supercharger whine, that was still there).

Great way to remind you of the amazing power this engine has when you reach that stage where you think 707 Hp is 'normal'.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    gonna have to try that with my wife too.
    she sees the commercials and looks at me and I am smiling.
    she thinks since it has a 200 mph speedo, that I will do that.

I will have to baby her up to at least the black key..

3. Booky

Booky Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I drove my Hellcat A8 around for a couple hours in Valet mode before I dropped it off at the shop to get the windows tinted.
    I now have no problem leaving the Hellcat at a shop as no one is going to beat on the car as long as it stays in Valet mode.
    But remember, they can deactivate the Valet mode by disconnecting the battery for a short time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Valet mode is one of the best features on this car. Gives you real piece of mind when dropping it off for service etc. Give the SRT engineers a big thumbs up for foresight on this one

5. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If they clear it like that you know it, because when you get in, it will not ask to clear valet.

Try the SRT 500 hp mode. It is real smooth, still great power, but not lethal. I tried that when the streets cool off up north before we store for the winter and was surprised.