Validating Insider Information...?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by iya0yas, Nov 11, 2014.

1. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To all forum members who appear to have access to "inside information":

As a former Motorcycle "OEM" guy myself I'd like to know your credentials & source for the information you're posting? Are you a dealer, factory employee etc. and in what capacity do you operate? Based on the recent info. posted by some folks, particularly with build sequence numbers and status updates, etc. I'd guess that if you are in fact a Dodge/Chrysler/ Fiat Group employees then perhaps you're associated with a logistics function?

Please realize that until the people who are posting information with a specific degree of detail and/or confidence identify themselves and their source of information then at best all the information posted here and other forums is purely speculative. With all due respect...identify yourselves and please explain how are you vetting the information before posting it as gospel... Thank you-

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what I've seen, Chrysler follows these forums as well. When we started mentioning tracking information on the VOTS website, it was shut down. When we mentioned it still worked on Jeep.com... it was shut down.

Out of the protection of the information flow from getting cut off, I don't see credentials as being important.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ResumeSpeed

ResumeSpeed Platinum Member Agent 707

Donate to this user:
    Donate money to this user
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In another post awhile back I had mentioned that some of my info comes from a used car salesman friend of mine who I play cards with, but I have to admit I may have been stretching the truth a bit :D. In either event, I'll match up my "speculative" information here against any other source :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I for one, am glad to have the info that RS has given and I don't really care where it came from. Seems legit to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gerlacher

gerlacher Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've gotten more truth from this forum than any dealer so far. The dealer just loves when I tell them more about my car then they know :) so credentials really don't matter to me. So weather info is slightly wrong, completely wrong, or spot on, I enjoy reading the buzz on our cars. We ordered em, and we'll eventually get them. That's all that matters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    +707 ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    +1404 :)

8. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I dont care either, seems legit to mee too, Thanks for giving us much needed information RS

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ResumeSpeed has provided such a wealth of information over the years (long before this site ever existed) that I treat what he says with gospel. Doubt others all you want but don't doubt him. He doesn't need to 'prove' himself in my eyes... not sure how he gets his information and it really doesn't matter, nearly everything he's ever provided has proven to be accurate.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay fair enough...to begin with I didn't name names...y'all did so that's on you.

In principal, how does one know that what someone posts is in fact accurate or not...? This implies that an alternate source of information exists for you to fact check postings? If so, please do share with the rest of us... People believe what they want to believe...the truth may be another story...time will tell.

Perhaps the production launch/release of the Hellcat is std. protocol....perhaps not? It would be nice to receive a statement from Dodge/Dealers (via e-mail) every once in a while with official status updates.

12. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for all you've done RS!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A agree, Thanks a bunch to RS, This a free forum, your free to post what ever info and thoughts you like, We forum members take all info with a grain of salt, and hold nobody to there thoughts or guess's. with that's said, any info that trickles down to us we appreciate... As for the OP, Your just coming onto this site,, And asking a lot from people.. Not a great why to start a relationship..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Umm I'm sure certain people would lose their job if the revealed who they are or their sources. RS has been consistent so far and that's good enough for most. He's not forcing anyway to take what he's saying, so if someone doesn't agree with it they can choose not to believe it. I'm sure it's no sweat off his back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Again, I agree, the OP is not making a good impression just jumping on board and wanting names..Relax. and enjoy us members ranting and raving and being silly and wondering when Tammies head will explode.....Wink Wink Tammie

• Agree Agree x 3