Vented front seats

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Snappycat, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My HC has the Sepia vented front seats. When I set the venting feature on HI through the control screen on the UConnect screen, it works great. When I shut car off and restart, the venting feature is off. Do I have to push the control seat venting feature each time I start up or is there a default mode which has the venting feature come on automatically? I also see the venting seats come up when the access UConnect/agree screen comes up on start up. Didn't see anything in the owners manual booklet...Thanks all.

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I have to do it each time unless I think you select the options on the startup screen that says comfort while it's loading the boot up screen

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I also think it defaults during remote start. I thought there was a selection for comfort when you remote start. If its above a certain temp the AC and vented seats come on, and below a certain temp the Heat and Heated seats come on.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks HCDC. It is probably best to jump on the vented seat setting at screen boot up rather than taking the extra 5 seconds and doing it through the control button. You have a good knowledge of your HC, so if you can't set the default, it probably isn't do-able. I did open the owners manual for the second time today....the first time was to program the garage opener on HomeLink.......and I did find out that the audio steering wheel controls are on the back of the steering wheel, not on the front like other cars I've had.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    There is a setting for it in Auto Comfort of the Settings, something like that. From what I've found, they only stay turned on after a restart... or maybe just turn on by themselves, when it's fairly warm/hot on the interior. My seats have turned on by themselves with both remote and button starts in this scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think I saw that too...makes sense for starting kitty remotely on those hot days. I was able to change my SRT default settings for trans, suspension and traction and reset the custom settings as well. That part was easy...lol

7. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll have to check that out. Auto Comfort settings...I assume its the same for the 392 and HC's. Lets see if anyone else has a theory. Is the DVD say anything different than the owners manual or should I not even bother watching the DVD?

8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    They will never start on high once set in the menu for comfort. If temp is high enough they come on low at start up and the button needs to be pushed twice while on that menu to get high

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Someone also suggested that if you select the AC for dash and feet air, that the cool air going at your feet will be picked up under the seat and will be noticeably cooler coming thru the seat.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That makes sense.....will have to give it a try. I seem to feel the cool air more from the lumbar/back area rather than the seat on my butt.:rolleyes:

11. Asmodeus097

Asmodeus097 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If the temperature is hot enough (which is everyday in the Texas summer) they will turn on high with remote start but as soon as you push the engine start button in the car they switch to low. I've always had to double tap the seat cooling button on the initial start screen to get it back to high. I too wish I could have it always come on high as a default. Low does nothing for me personally. This is in a 2012 but from everyone else here it sounds like nothing has changed.

• Useful Useful x 1