ventilated seat question

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by huggytree, Jul 26, 2015.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    turned on my vented seats last night(1st time ever).....couldnt feel anything......on either of them.....after 20 minutes i touched the bottom and it did feel cool, but no air blowing that i could detect....and the backs didnt feel cool to the touch.

when i got home i played with it some more in a quiet garage....i can hear the blowers going on both of them.....so the blowers are functional......but i cant feel any air blowing out of them....i figure i cant have 2 bad seats.......

what do you feel with yours?
    it was an 80 degree day, maybe high 70's on the ride home when i used them...maybe in 90+ degrees they are more noticeable ?

i would have expected to feel air blowing out of the seats

is the air on both the bottom and back of the seat? (id think so)

thanks!

2. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can feel mine, well I can't actually "feel" air blowing like a breeze, just a cool sensation and it take a few minutes. I feel it more in the lower center of my back then on my butt.

Try setting your AC so that half of it is blowing out at foot level. I think that helps...

• Like Like x 1
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would have expected to FEEL air blowing to some degree.....

so its probably working...just not a real effective thing like i thought it would be...more subtle

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got ventilated Sepia leather seats in my Grand Cherokee Overland. After about 30 minutes on a hot day you can feel that they are slightly cool. No 'breeze' ever, just a little cool. They are basically a joke and a piece of crap. I was really hoping they would be better in the HC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have laguna leather seats and I love the ventilated seats. Fans are noticable (loud). I can't say I feel any air but I'm noticeably cooler when using them (which is pretty much all the time).

No matter how hot and humid if I"m by myself I roll with windows down and ventilated seats on. I just like listening to all things mechanical on the Hellcat :cool:

6. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can actually hear the air blowing?

7. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine work well, feels cool, not a great deal of air movement but less on low than high and you can hear/feel the difference. Nice addition for warm rides in jeans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The air does not blow OUT, it's drawn through the seats, to help remove perspiration. Mine work great. It's extremely hot here, so when I hop in my shirt is normally sweaty. With the seat ventilation on, it draws the air through and away from me, helping to dry my clothes and make it more comfortable, so you can feel the A/C work and not feel your body sticking to the hot sweaty seats. So don't be concerned that there is no air blowing out of the seats, it's not supposed to. But when you sit down and you're all hot and sweaty, those ventilated seats will make you feel more comfy in short order.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Black laguna leather. Tried them for the first time a couple of weeks back and it worked very well. First car I have owned with this function

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    as X-Men Fiend said, the fans are aspirators, not blowers, so you won't feel air being forced out of the seat cover.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    uhoh, what's that going to smell like after a couple summers??

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My F150 had seat ac blowers. I loved them as I could feel the air comming from them. But everyone that ever rode in it said they didn't like the sensation IDK.

13. ReoTom

ReoTom Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do you have have the standard cloth seats or do you have the upgraded Laguna Leather? I have the Leather in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and the cooling works awesome. I am here in AZ and it get's HOT!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've got the same car. Sepia/ Laguna Leather. 1/2 the year in Lake Havasu, other half in southern Utah. I'm not impressed with mine. Eventually they get cool, but it takes an awful long time.

15. ReoTom

ReoTom Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow.. that's weird... I had a 2008 Corvette ZO6 that was really fun but.. being here in AZ The Drive tunnel next to my legs in the car got hotter than heck and the internal A/C worked great! So I was nice and cool to my lower waste and then I would sweat profusely from my upper legs down.. LOL!! My Jeep Seats kick butt as far as cooling.. I hope the Hellcat cooling isn't going to be bad.. I'm hoping you just maybe have some sort of vent blockage or something.. hate to think the units don't work well.. Let me know if you have the dealership check them out and their assessment.. Would appreciate it.. :)