video chasing a subaru at the ridge motorsports park

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by carcass, Apr 24, 2016.

1. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    heres a video of me chasing a modded Subaru at the ridge motorsports park on Friday, lots of cool folks at that track.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing, I bet it was fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've haven't had so much fun in cars since being 16 and doing donuts with the buddies in high school. I love road coursing this car!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  4. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It handled very well. What kind of tires? How long of a track and what was your best time?

5. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm on fairly worn stock Pirelli three seasons, I was supposed to get Nitto NT05's before this last track day but Discount Tire hosed me and failed to get them in even though they were only shipping them from 4 driving hours away and had 5 business days to do it.
    So the Nittos will be on for next time.
    We didn't get transponders for the track but in some of my laps in the afternoon when I had an open track in front of me I am able to guestimate from my gopro footage that my times are around 2minutes 10 seconds. I believe the record was set in some sort of formula car thing at around 1:32 or something but from what I can find online fast street cars are around 2 minutes or just over, so I've got work to do, and I can see a bunch of spots in my video where I can pick up some time next track day.
    I'm going to get that Harrys Lap Timer deal and that telemetry deal for the OBD port soon, hoping that will help me study my lap times too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ciphros

ciphros Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Look like your sector times probably improved once you were out from behind the sti. Fun looking course!

7. ArchGE

ArchGE VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Was he able to stay with you after the wave through? I have an iPhone and get lap times with the "TrackAddict" ap. They already have hundreds of tracks loaded in and am sure you could find yours in there.

8. SRT MANG

SRT MANG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like a blast! Just curious. I'm headed to my first track day on a road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park in a few months and I was always curious how many track days you need to have under your belt before you can go out there and race on your own without an instructor.

What was your path?

9. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :
    I took a class put on by Proformance racing school at Pacific raceways in Kent Washington it was two separate days a novice day and second day in the intermediate group before I could get a solo lapping license, from what I can see the local tracks there is regularly clubs or track days schools, I would say a look at the calendar for your local track and I bet there will be something similar to what I did

10. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the tip on the track addict I'm going to look into it see which might be better for me the Harry's lap timer or track addict,
    I was faster around the track than that white Subaru, but there was a blue BRZ Subaru that is only 2 Wheel drive that was faster than me
    The driver makes the difference for sure the white Subaru at over 350 hp should be faster than 2 Wheel drive BRZ but the BRZ driver is more experienced.
    Overall I was happy with my performance for the day my video showed some improvement from last time I was there.

11. Roosterdude

Roosterdude Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Harrys Lap timer is great. I do not use the obd 2 port. It gets fairly accurate lap times. I have tracked the ridge a few times in chargers. Fun track for sure! Have you ever driven with Hooked on Driving?

12. Roosterdude

Roosterdude Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Really depends on the oragnization you are lapping with. Some just let you go for example the SCCA track night in america. Others have a coach with you and then they move you up when they see fit.

13. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't been to a hooked on driving event, but I'm down to try it! Are you going to the Ridge or Pacific or anywhere in Oregon for a track day this year?
    I'm going to try to make it to at least four more track days this year

14. Roosterdude

Roosterdude Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I will be at the ridge and Portland for sure. Thinking about doing pacific and ORP. I am also running thunderhill Laguna seca and sonoma this year. I do not have a set schedule yet. Need to buy track tires and brakes before I go back out.

15. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It would be awesome to have three hellcats on the track at the same time Bananahead races regularly at Pacific maybe we could all meet down there ??

• Like Like x 1