Video gamers unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zebug, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There's been a mention here and there about video games. So here is your thread to talk about what you play (use to play, etc etc).

I started with Counter Strike back in the day. Then started with the whole WoW thing, never really raided but had several level 80's (that's when I stopped, think it was WotLK or something).

Moved onto more first person shooters with Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Black Ops (which my clan had one of the highest visited servers in the world, XuG-Xtreme United Gamers with our 24/7 nuketown/firing range server). Pretty much quit the COD franchise when they killed dedicated servers and went to Battlefield 3 and BF4. Stopped playing FPS when ESO came out (Elder Scrolls Online) and been playing that since (although lately I haven't had much time or passion for ESO).

Looking forward to trying Tom Clancy's The Division

2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    played airwarrior 1-3 back in the late 90s, then Aces High2 ... both are ww2 flying and bombing- massive online multiplayers. always played video games and currently play on a ps4 platform

3. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Come on guys, we like cars. Someone here must be addicted too. I have been a Real Racing 3 addict forever. I race everyday. Got some top 100 times. I have done the car games since the beginning of time. This game and using an I-Pad is pretty good and has held my "ADD" personality in check for a long time.

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i admit i used to be a hardcore mmorpg gamer addict. nowadays maybe an hour a week I play PS4 game consoles like Telltale Games series and horror games like Zombie related.

5. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not a gamer here, but i did LOVE Pitfall on the Atari man!..........No joke!

I beat the first Ridge Racer when it came out for playstation, got the black car with the scorpion & stuff, great classic game to play & ahead of its time as far as realism i think.

My son is 8 and some of the Xbox stuff is mindboggling!

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    man i loved Atari! my pops bought me a used Atari system when I was 7 yrs old and I play Pitfall a lot.

7. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I am not doing car stuff I am playing a video game. I don't even bother watching TV. I play on Xbox One and PS4.

8. Themip

Themip Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    World of Warcraft
    30 Accounts
    I quit about 10 months ago. . . Decided $450 a month for a video game was a bit much. Miss it though.
    Here is the last vid i made multiboxing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ah reminds me of some of my days including World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 11 and 14, perfect world as well. LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYJEEEEEENNNKKKINNNNNNSSSSS

10. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm old school, or, just old. I've got a Ms PacMan and a Super PacMan. Would like to find a Frogger, but, I heard they probably turned them into more popular games.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Omg yes I used to play those like crazy and galaga too

12. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Used to be a hardcore gamer in my younger days, would get just about everything that came out, finally settled down to playing Thief, Thief 2, and the latest Thief installment (4), and there is a community of fan missions for Thief 1 and 2, so there are many more missions to keep this alive. Also another thief like game called the Dark Mod (fan missions) which was initially built on the Doom 3 engine. I like to get up early on weekends and play for a couple of hours, then its on the HellCAT care and driving! (After biking of course):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Marty and I have been hardcore gamers (EQ raiding guild, 7 days a week from 7:30 PM to 2 AM average) in the past, these days he does not have the time for it due to work, and I only play casually. We have played EverQuest, Dark Ages of Camelot, EverQuest2, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan (SUCKED), Aion, and Guild Wars2. I played EverQuest steadily for 6 years before I got burned out on the raiding. Two years ago I tried to go back ... the old spark was gone. I did raid in WoW for a bit, but WoW never held my attention for long both times I played. Sometimes I kinda miss my old raiding days in EQ, then I think about the 6 years I wasted, and I get back to the important things. Everything in moderation! :) I am currently playing EQ2 again after a 4 year break, as a casual player, and it is a lot of fun! Out of all the games I have played, EverQuest, EQ2, and GW2 have been my favorites.

April

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jim

jim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i worked at bally midway, i made pc boards for Ms pacman in the early 80'S.
    now i play xbox 1 forza, racing chair with a steering wheel.
    also xbox 360 with a fanatec wheel

• Like Like x 1
  15. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's been a long time - but I used to enjoy a lot of games!

Here is a link to a description of the first game I played: Star Trek! In the basement of University of Pennsylvania - circa 1973 - on a teletype:

Star Trek 1971 Text Game - CodeProject

I don't know if this counts, but I think I remember using the same computer to "play" Eliza:

Eliza Computer Therapist

Many of you would make the case that I should resume this activity..

Then there was a text based version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. (I found a link to a version you can still play; which sadly cost me 1/2 an hour between finding this link and coming back here to post it; oy vay - I am so pitiful).

BBC Radio 4 Extra - The Hitchhiker s Guide to the Galaxy - The Hitchhiker s Guide to the Galaxy Game - 30th Anniversary Edition

The next thing I remember I think is X-Wing - and that whole series (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc...). I really loved those games. Wing Commander came after that (with Mark Hamill even!). I don't think they make any great Sci Fi flight sims any more, though... Since then, the only thing I spent time with was the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG around 10 years go. I am a huge LOTR fan (probably read the trilogy at least once a year since college; I think I even made it 3 times through The Silmarillion); but just could not hook in to the fantasy MMORPGs. (Probably because I am such a misanthrope).

OK - back to Hitchhikers Guide... Mr. Prosser is about to have my house bulldozed!!!

• Funny Funny x 1