Vin number

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by chuck, Aug 31, 2015.

1. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I met up with another Hellcat at the Race Track the other night. I was talking to the owner , Mike we was standing in front of his car and a man walked up took his phone and laid it on his windshield slid it down and took a picture of his vin number. We watched him do it and we was right in front of car. The man said nothing and walked away and was talking to some other men close by another truck. I asked Mike who he was he said I don't know I never seen him before. I was very currious way he did this and I told Mike that was very strange. I never had a stranger do that to my car. I was currious if he could get any information on the car or more important Mike. This man has his tag number and his vin number now . And never said a word to him. I just thought it was a very strange thing for a stranger to do. We was standing right there he could of at least spoke to him. Any body know why some one would do this.

2. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He's collecting information for Ford and Chevy and sharing with them to show that look someone stole your thunder LOL

3. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol yep that's right

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Either Repo man or a weirdo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No this man told me what he did for a living and I'm sure he has plenty of money. He is also fixing to do lots of performance work on his car. He sees many people daily. People make appointments to see him. And when before you see him you pay him lol figure it out. This has nothing to do about money. I would expect he could of bought what ever he wanted

6. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Weirdo I told mike I would ask him what the hell are you doing. I thought that was getting a little personal

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I first of all would of asked about taking pictures since we was standing there and only the car. I would not let a person take a picture of my vin without a good reason. That was so weird

8. FatCat

FatCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That info is sold to dealerships in situations where they would prefer to void your warranty. Ive seen it done before.

9. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't believe the two of you didn't have balls enough to ask him WTF he was doing. The moment his phone got close to MY windshield, I would have
    been on him like white on rice.

10. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This wasnt my car I tried to get him to ask him why he did that. I also told Mike that I would never let that happen. He didnt get need my car it was in the parking lot and my eyes was on it at all times. I bothered me but it wasn't my car and I tried to get him to go over and told him I would go with him. He had a whole race team with him he was racing at the track. I would never let him take a picture of mine. It would of been a big problem for him. Thanks for the information. I will try to find mike again. He lives in another state from me. I just met him. I sure tried to get him to find out why. It just wasn't my car but was wanting to find out what the hell he was doing.

11. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And my Von or Vin is not on this forum. I only have that information. So what about the hundreds posted on this forum

12. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's always good to keep a 3X5 card covering your VIN. In addition to dealers having PIs prowling dragstrips for warranty violations (participation in "contests of speed") Unscrupulous dealers, or hackers can get your key codes and ECM codes from your VIN, which makes it easier than hooking a rollback up to your car to make a street snatch.

13. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where is the small Challenger picture on the windshield?

14. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    EasterEgg.jpg
    VIN is located lower and to the left of the image.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is great idea nobody seen mine. But covering would be great idea. They could do it anywhere you park. I have never had to do this but a good idea.