vinyl decal on satin hood?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Noquarter, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was thinking of getting a small vinyl hellcat logo and placing it in front of the air scoop on the small flat surface.

Will a vinyl decal work on that satin surface? Will it be safe and not harm the surface? Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks,

2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The OEM Satin Black paint is extremely difficult to care for. Tree sap and bird droppings are well known to cause shiny spots when you try to clean them off. I would think that the adhesive on the vinyl decal would cause a shiny spot if you want to remove the decal and then need a solvent to get the adhesive off. If you put the decal on, I'd recommend that you consider as "permanent".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok ill pass on that idea then. Got some dr. Beaselys coming for it, hope that protects it against sap and stuff

4. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's a thought. If that can be removed, maybe you can have a satin black custom wrap with your decal logo instead just for that little piece. Then later it should be able to be removed.

5. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To wrap the whole hood for a little decal seems like a lot of money. not only that but wrapping satin finish would most likely cause the same issues on the paint that the small decal would. Its no biggie, was just something I thought might look cool.

6. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Actually, I believe that someone here has clear wrapped a OEM Satin Black hood with good results. It eliminates the cleaning issues and is supposed to come off without damaging the underlying surface. I guess time will tell. You are right, it ain't cheap!