Viper alarm system not compatible yet

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kilpo, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kilpo

Kilpo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just spent eight hours at a quality auto sound here in Denver having them install a Viper alarm system in my hellcat. Unfortunately, the software doesn't match up yet to the interface module of the 2016 Hellcats which means I'm out of luck as far as having autostart and door lock from my viper alarm remote for an unknown amount of time (there saying 2-6 months). Anyone else have this issue come up with an alarm system on a new cat?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Nitewing

Nitewing Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did some research with an installer about a month or two ago and we came to the same conclusion that it wouldn't work with the Hellcat. I hadn't pursued it any further than that. I'd be interested to know if you or anyone finds out any more.

3. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm sure you know about the uconnect auto door lock & unlock along with the remote start? It's free at least for a year for ya. Oh! It has vehicle locate now too.

4. Nitewing

Nitewing Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, we'll aware. Viper has an excellent rep and was just investigating a better security option. Car theives may think twice about attempting to steal it. Any extra protection for my car is welcome!

5. Kilpo

Kilpo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The quality auto sound is going to keep putting the word in that there needs to be a software update for the new hellcats with viper. The alarm works now but you cant lock/unlock the doors or use the remore start on the viper remote. You can still use the challenger remote to lock/unlock and remote start but can't do it while the alarm is set or it will cause the alarm to go off. Went through the same issue with a new suburban we bought a couple years ago, it took about three months for that to get all straight.

6. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did the same thing with my Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD years ago right after I got it. Had the Viper alarm/RS installed. It had to have resistors installed on each door for the alarm to work properly. The signal that the comp. sent out to check if the door was open or not kept setting the alarm off after the first attempt at install. After the fix I could set & used both alarm systems.

Once there is a software fix out for the Hellcat I just might have one installed.