Visited the dealer today.. Argh!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Deputydog, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I still am looking to get a Hellcat ordered, and since I am not willing to pay above MSRP my choices are limited.

I am about 40 miles from Dave Smith Motors, who claim to be the largest Dodge dealer in the world. Thier website showed they had one on the lot, along with about 40 non HC challengers. I wanted to look at it (I figured it was likely a sold order already), as well as check out the Jazz blue and a few other colors.

Of course when I arrive, the car was a sold order and already delivered to the customer.. However when I asked about placing an order, they told me thier waiting list is now over 100 people! They said thier most recent allocation was only 7 HC's so he said its unlikely I will get one anytime soon unless they change this allocation process. They do sell at MSRP however, so I put my name on the list.. I guess I'm #101 in line now.

On a side note, they have a Dyno in house. The owner recieved the very first Hellcat (go figure) and they put it on the dyno. They said it dyno'ed at 750HP at the rear wheels! That's putting it at about 830 HP at the crankshaft.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    wow and WOW

3. GeneralLee

GeneralLee Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You can make a dyno read anything. They are a tool to measure changes from a baseline/delta. Hellcats are not coming out of the factory making 830hp. Many have been run on Dynojets already and they are between 610-660 at the wheels. That's a normal variability. I hope they're not throwing those numbers around to get sales.

4. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ya its entirely possible. I dyno'ed my twin turbo Fummins on about 4 different dyno's and all gave different readings. Anywhere from 800 hp to 900+ HP. I take what salesman tell me with a grain of salt too lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll give that dealer a little credit. At least he didn't fill you with pie in the sky ideas about your order & skip with your deposit.

• Agree Agree x 1