VON Hell to Holy Crap It's Here!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by BlackbirdWS6, Dec 8, 2015.

1. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is a damn long story and not unlike many other owners experience obtaining their cat. I am a picky SOB and wanted a MSRP or less deal with specific options (Ivory White Charger, BM wheels, Sepia interior, no sunroof and base stereo). Back in early 2015, my local dealer said no problem and they expected a Charger HC allocation very soon. I left them a $1,000 check not to be cashed until we had a VIN. Weeks, then months went by and I sat with a VON and many empty promises. I didn't really hunt much for another dealer since I had the deal I wanted and like many, no one knew who would get an allocation. My wife fell ill and I pushed the car hunt off to the side but checked in for an update with the dealer every now and again.

MY15 was a bust as you can likely guess but I was told by the dealer they will have the allocation opening day for the MY16 ordering. August 17th rolled around and I am there bright and early ready to order. Dealer confirmed again they had the allocation and we placed the order. As many know, the system was not setup correctly and my order (VON) was later expunged from the system. After many calls, dealer was told they did not have the allocation for August. Some more time passed and still no idea when they would get the allocation even though FCA said dealers should know what they are getting, just not when. I hung in there a bit longer. In the interim, I saw a post on this forum from someone who had a nice experience with a dealer in PA. They were only a couple hours away from me so I figured why not give them a call. I spoke to Jayme and we had a nice conversation. I could tell I liked the guy, and that's saying something of a car salesman (no offense to those who are). He knew what to say and appeared open and upfront. Their dealership sold 10 hellcats (all challengers) for MY15, 5 of which were from him. I told him I was serious and he penciled me in as his 1st call should they get a MY16 Charger allocation.

I got word in September from my local dealer that their sales rep mentioned October will be the month for the allocation. I was excited to finally see this order go in. October rolled around and oops, we don't have the allocation and they have no idea when they will get one this cycle. Obviously more than a bit frustrated, I then started calling every dealer starting close and then further away. Many wanted $5k to $20k over MSRP with one stating they would do this "bidding style". I was annoyed at first but later found this almost fun. One salesman honestly told me I would be number 26 on the list. I asked him if I should expect the car to arrive in 2020 well after they stop making them. He thanked me for my humor and not cursing him off like other callers. I found another dealer in PA confirming they will get a Charger allocation, likely in December. They said they charge $5K over but would do $2k for me. I said OK and sent them a check not to be cashed until the order went in.

I got word from my local dealer and the 2nd PA dealer that their allocations were confirmed for December. I didn't want to order two cars and then bail on one but after my experience with the local dealer, I kept the $2k over guy on the line. Out of the blue, Jayme (1st PA dealer) called me in late October mentioning they finally got word of an allocation for November! After my experience with the local dealer, I was skeptical but optimistic. I had a tripped planned for SEMA in early November and I had a feeling something would go down while I was out there. Sure enough, on November 4th I got a text from Jayme that allocation was in hand and they could order the car!!! I called him right after the text and we got it done. I gave him a deposit and said the rest would be provided when he gets a VIN.

The next day, I got an email the car had a VIN and would be a November build. Holy crap! Jayme slowed me down a bit and said let's see how long it takes to get built since these estimates are known to be off. The car went D1 maybe a week or so later and scheduled delivery between 12/3-12/9. Sure.....that def has to be accurate HA! A buddy of mine with a SRT392 works for Chrysler and has access to the system to check builds. He sent me messages daily and told me late last week, it was built and shipped. Like Jayme, he informed me the estimates can be wildly off so don't get too excited. I got word on Monday the car was in the US and in NY. Nice.... I sent a note to Jayme asking if he thought it may be in this week or the next. "Oh goodness no" was the response. Before I forgot to mention it, I asked him to please take pics when the car arrives.

30 min later, I start getting text pics from Jayme with the car on the truck. Then a video of it being started and moved off the car carrier. Holy crap!!! Is this my car!?!?!? He calls me 20 min later and told me he was outside talking to a guy about a truck and he sees the car transport roll up. He starts to stutter with the customer and tells them hold on, I need to go take some pictures. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I was in a meeting when the images started coming in and I immediately wanted to lose it. The car looked beautiful even though it's definitely dirty from the ride.

I am wrapping up the finance details and should be picking the car up Thursday. Having a 15 order voucher really comes in handy. They are holding off on doing the PDI until I am there. Weather is holding out for me to get this home so I think everything is falling into place. I'm so damn excited to get this car!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Post pics once you pick her up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CharlieS

CharlieS Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations. Christmas is coming early this year! I took delivery of mine last Thursday, and the wait was tough!

4. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so roughly 30 days?

5. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats, i just picked mine up on Saturday. You're gonna love it.

6. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations!!!!!

7. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good on ya,
    Way to go......
    Enjoy!
    Far

8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pictures man,, show it coming off the truck,,btw. Congrats on finally getting your car, you must be very happy,, I hope your wife is doing better

9. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks folks. I will post the cell pics from the salesman later today and the proper ones tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yup. Just a little over a month from new order to arrival.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Charger HC is the way to go.
    Makes every day a little bit like Christmas

Where at in PA?

12. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys! Picked her up today and oh man is this car the s**t. I knew it had a lot of features but I will be setting this thing up for days. I am doing my best to follow break in but couldn't help giving her maybe 1/2 throttle. She kicked down and scooted. The ivory tri-coat is absolutely gorgeous in person. LOVE IT!!!

Here are a few quick pics.

IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4315.JPG IMG_4302.JPG IMG_4309.JPG

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Charger HC is the way to go go go!!!

Break it in and then drive it like you stole it!

14. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Luv the sephia. Enjoy your new ride

15. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great! Congratulations!