VON, now what?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by RADDAD, Jan 17, 2015.

1. RADDAD

RADDAD Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am new to this forum as a member although I have followed the threads ever since I started looking into getting a hellcat. After being on many waiting lists at dealerships with no allocations, I finally found a dealership with a single allocation that came up the day I walked in the store. I put money down which allowed me to place an order. I placed my order 1-9-15. My VON#33076484. My question is this: Is having a VON# any closer to getting a hellcat than when I was sitting on a waiting list? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get an actual VIN# once youhave a VON#? Any insight you can give me would be very much appreciated.

2. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    search/read the threads here on ALLOCATION. Your dealer needs one in order to submit your order to Dodge for scheduling. At that time you will be assigned a VIN. Ask your dealer how many Hellcat allocations they have received to date and how many open allocations do they currently have. You may not like their answer.

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If your dealer had an allocation open when you placed the order, then it should not take too long to get a VIN. If you are on a list waiting for an allocation slot, you are in for a wait.

April

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone with a VON/BX status as of the time I type this post, who HAS NOT had their order picked up for allocation (D1/VIN), can probably expect their car no earlier than mid-late April.

Usually 6-8 weeks once a VIN is assigned for an ordered car, for HCs it seems to be running on the longer side or more. Add to that you're now probably looking until the February allocations for your next shot at a scheduled build and VIN.

5. Go Fly Away

Go Fly Away Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I put money down in November and received a build sheet with a VON. My dealer just told me to expect the first week in March allocation. They thought a December allocation when I signed up, now its March. They seem to be up front so holding on. I am not in a huge hurry given its winter in Wisconsin however want to lock in soon.

Any comments and advice to this is welcome.

Thanks

6. rstrickly

rstrickly Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My POC says Status: BA-Pending order and at the bottom of the page it says Building Priority: 01. Does this mean anything different?

7. john@

john@ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you have a von, your car will get scheduled and will get a vin. Dealerconnect(our internal system) does not allow dealers to order hellcats and get a von if they don't have allocation. Depending on what options and colors and transmission will determine how soon you will get your car. I hope this helps! :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. 392

392 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    there are lots of available cats all over the country, why don't you search one out, buy it & either go get it or ship it....

9. Viper

Viper SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you ordered from Roanoke that is the last you will ever hear from the dealer, you will wait a total of 13 months and finally pay $5000. over sticker price to finally end the bull kuka

10. 392

392 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    call port lavaca dodge in texas, straight up MSRP, & they have a great shipper.....did it for me, totally satisfied.......I'm in az.....

11. Chief

Chief Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a friend that ordered a HC on the 14th it went to D 3 days ago and D1 yesterday with an estimated ship date of 2-5-2016. Torred 6speed. I think you might be thinking "C" status or better. His was "C" shortly after ordering.

****** sorry just saw this post is a year old! ******* nothing to see here please move on.o_O

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  12. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat