Waiting impatiently for my Hellcat

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Hell Catmandu, Oct 26, 2014.

?

If you have a VIN did you order the Laguna sepia leather?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hell Catmandu

Hell Catmandu Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    New member here: Thank you for creating this much needed site. Reading all the posts makes me feel justified in my anticipation for my new Hellcat. I''m glad I'm not the only one obsessed with the Hellcat. I can't contain my excitement any longer and found this site where we can all share our frustrations with Dodge while waiting for the call, "your Hellcat is here and ready for you to drive away in a cloud of tire smoke". We will all show up at the deal ship before the sales person hangs up the phone.

I feel like this site is more of a support group for obsessed Hellcat fans and buyers. I am sure the nervousness will wane once several people have their Hellcats in their garage instead of some mysterious secured parking lot.

My Hellcat order was placed on day one. I was the first one in line at my dealership. Then, I was really pissed off when my salesman told me someone behind me got his order build before mine. He said that Dodge is only building Hellcats with the options they have available. Knowing all the hype behind this car you would think Dodge would have been better prepared for the massive orders. However, it's all rumors until Dodge makes a statement.

I put $5K down and got it at list price. Of course it's not a done deal until I actually get my VIN. I must say I am jealous of those here who have their VIN and have followed their build. Save every piece of paper you get as your Hellcat moves through assembly. It will add to the provenance and value should you ever sell your baby someday.

I ordered my Hellcat in pitch black with GPS, Laguna sepia leather and 8 speed automatic transmission. Sounds easy to build right? I heard the Laguna is what held up my order. Any truth to this? Anyone else order Laguna sepia leather? I'm not going to change my order because I would rather wait and get the options I truly want. Hopefully the wait will be short. However, I would rather get it before the snow starts. If not I don't want to see it until spring because it will be a garage car and only driven in good weather.

Thank you all for posting. I can't wait to read the comments here once buyers get behind the wheel with a smile enjoying their own Hellcat. Please post pics as soon as you can.

2. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the site. I ordered the Black Laguna (along with Satin Black Hood) and have been told to expect delivery after the first of the year. Hopefully we'll get them sooner, but I'm willing to wait to get my car the way I want it.

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to our hellcat family site!

I ordered on 7/21/14 and deposited $5k over MSRP. Was 3rd in line and had laguna sepia leather. It got built first ahead of the other two because one of the first two did not deposit or on order banks open day. The first guy ordered later in the day after me so as time went by I got my VIN and weeks go by and I found out I got ahead by luck because laguna leather sepia was the only option I was told to change to regular if I wanted to build first I said sure but I already had my VIN so it was still built and it appears no options have changed and is now in storage. Chances of changing something once it's assigned a VIN is pretty slim to none.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ordered on 9/9, Black Luguna Leather and Black Satin Hood, still in D status. Dodge has known for at least a year that they would offer these options, so the suppliers have had at least that long to gear up production. Where and who is the problem?

5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    9/9 order date ( AM ) no Luguna but black hood we are D1, I will call on Monday and get my build date!

6. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome aboard Hell Catmandu !! Yeah we're all pretty anxious these days and its getting worse LOL. Enjoy the insanity with us ;) Glad you stopped by!

7. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    New guy here as well. After reading some posts here, I see that I am not alone,,,,,,,,unfortunately.

8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Hugh! Hope you enjoy your stay

9. SteveLose

SteveLose Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the land of people on the edge of their seat Hugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from Upstate New York!
    Enjoy the Forum! :)

11. Richard

Richard Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Found out that I'm D1 as of last week. My sales guy said that the ship date was 12-17-14 but I don't think that is accurate based on what I'm reading. Sublime, Auto, Black Luguna leather, U connect, Summer tires