WARNING: SRT Pages Lockout Traction Control On Default Mode

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Aug 27, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am the third report so far of someone reporting that the default settings are changing or locking out settings, One on these forums that i cannot locate the post, and another on the Challenger Association Page on facebook.

When starting up your SRT or SRT Hellcat the Traction control may be set to Sport or Track mode with no notification besides checking it yourself. You will not be alerted by anything on your dash. I cannot confirm if any of the radio firmware does not have this bug, if you do get it please report if you are on the original firmware or the latest update.

You cannot change it back and are at will of the car, After 3 shut offs I finally got the car to put it back to street, You cannot change it back. When you go to settings it will say it's on street but its not, And trust me it acts like its not.

(One of the start-ups presented this message)
    [​IMG]

(Original startup and noticed)
    [​IMG]

2. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine hasn't done this yet but mine is awfully glitchy and changes it's own setting all the time. Twice today it went into 500 hp mode on it's own.

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You could try resetting it by disconnecting the battery

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You forgot to sweet talk it each night:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This will most likely fix it, along with letting the car fully turn off after turning the engine off like when my unit went black but the radio still worked. Turning it off and turning it right back on didn't solve the issue because the car is still shutting stuff down even after engine shut off, but after 15 minutes and getting back in it was solved.

This shouldn't be an issue that occurs though, This is a serious software bug.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I'm assuming you have the latest uconnect software update and installed?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It appears so. It's just a car, I shouldn't even care, right?:p

8. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Correct, In-fact i didn't have this issue happen (THAT I CAN NOTE) till the latest update that was applied last week when i picked up my car. (I actually was not bothered with doing the update myself, didn't care if the dealer did it either and they did)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok I know the dealership can do it but based on experience myself I had some glitches when updating the uconnect software as well so I re-downloaded the update and did it again a week after with my SRT performance pages and apps pages being grayed out and it was acting odd and after that second update it fixed any corruption that was there. I would try the uconnect software update again

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will take a-look at this when i get home tonight and update you, I haven't noticed any options greyed out but i've seen plenty of times of failed patches still functioning partially on other hardware.

Thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok let's hope it goes smoothly for you this time around and not a hardware problem

12. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know if i'd want them tearing apart the dash, sounds like rattle hell and I'm not happy about that, But at the same-time i don't want software issues :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't be paranoid lol I'm sure it's just a uconnect software corruption glitch, Let me know how the update goes

14. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

I only wish I could start the car with setting were I left them the last time I shut it off! Every time at the track the staging guy is pissed off because I need to set the custom tune, turn off traction control and be sure it stays set while I get the low tire warning because the DRs are at 15#. And heaven forbid I want to see my performance page gauges! That only takes 30 seconds each start up.

I have tried pushing the start button to run (without starting car) and bringing up Performance Pages and setting Custom tune. Sometimes it stays up if I start the engine soon enough, sometimes not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wasn't it nice when you just had To adjust the Gap and Dwell, and set the Timing to 7degree BTDC. But those days Your car was not making 707HP. o_O:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2