Warranty Start Date

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Motorcat, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Motorcat

Motorcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope there is not a thread about this subject, could't find one. Today I called Dodge Customer Service and ordered the the comprehensive owners manuals for my 16 Challenger Hellcat as suggested on another post.
    My dealer had entered the wrong street address for owner registration. We corrected that.

I asked what the record showed as my warranty start date. She gave me a date prior to my picking up the car. When I questioned this she said the in service date is the date the car arrived at the dealer. I was quite surprised as I have purchased many new vehicles over the years and the warranty starts on the delivery date.

I then asked her if I purchased a vehicle that had been on the dealers lot for four months was the four months of coverage used up... she said yes.. and offered another example if the car was on the lot for a year the warranty started a year ago.

Never heard of this before, Certainly doesn't work that way in my business.

2. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unless they just changed it this year, that is not true it is the date the car is listed as in service and that is not the day the dealer gets the car. You can buy a year old new (never sold) car and the full warranty. Something fishy in your deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    must be something new because it's always started on delivery date.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm going to call now. I don't believe that if a car is left over a year on the lot you only get 2 year warranty. That just can't be true it has to be from the day you buy the car not the day the dealer gat.??????

5. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did the same thing to me. My extended warranty has two dates listed: "In service date" and "Option sales date". In service date is arrival at dealership and Option sales date is supposedly delivery. They used the in service date to start as the start of my warranty which isn't right. I was going to let it go because it's only a month apart but i brought it to their attention. They're supposed to change it so we'll see.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  6. Warson

Warson Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    She is wrong. New car warranties begin at delivery.

Your dealer should correct in service/sale date.

Warson

7. Motorcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe I talked to a rep that needs more training. Plan to call my dealer tomorrow. In my case its not a big deal, picked the car up about four days after it arrived.
    I wonder if the confusion is because it was a sold unit. The examples still don't make sense.

8. Motorcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Called customer service again today @800 992-1997. Talked with different representative. Got the same answer. In service date is date vehicle delivered to dealership.

9. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just called SRT,mine started on the day I bought it, maybe I found a dealer that knows what he's doing. He even knew there were two oil drain plugs, one made out of aluminium and 6quarts to fill.