Watch the car freaks come out at night in Tokyo, Japan

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Source roadandtrack

Watch the car freaks come out at night in Tokyo
    [​IMG]
    There are way more neon Lamborghinis strobing away with their scissor doors open in this video than there are RAUH-Welt Begriff Porsche 911s, but it's still gorgeous to watch it all unfold in 4K.

We wish the video spent more time with Akira Nakai, the chain-smoking and grim Porsche enwidener whose heart will always be with the illicit street-racing that inspired his shop's unconventional and outrageous 911s. But the loud (visually and otherwise) Lamborghini guys are hard to ignore, and GoPro duly gives them the screen time they probably demanded. The video is perhaps more about exhibiting what the West is curious about, the most extreme and bizarre trends, rather than giving us a clear picture of the spectrum of Japanese car culture.

Who cares? The video is absolutely beautiful and fascinating.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those chandeliers hanging from the dome lights would drive me nuts!! That stupid crap would be thumping me in the head everytime I took a corner. They do some crazy LED shizzy to some awesome cars! Not my thing, but obviously is a big deal there. Give them props for having some wicked machines. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol Japan is interesting

• Agree Agree x 1