Water injection

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Racist Cat, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Racist Cat

Racist Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anybody running water injection? I've ran it for years on my diesels. They love to gobble up copious amounts of water.

I know benefits are cooler intake air, better seal on the supercharger, and high compression.

Snow Performance is my kit of choice, but wanted to hear opinions before install.

2. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have read that if you are going to go the water meth route to make sure to have the injection point be post supercharger, i.e. at the fuel rails, as the water meth is known to eat the coating off the supercharger rotors. Of course when I spoke to Snow about this they denied that the rotor coating would be compromised, but I have read the opposite in many other places when I was researching this matter. For me personally, I decided to go with NOS instead of Water Meth, due to the fact that people like TopCat and others have had so much success with it and it seems the HC reacts to a 50 or 100 shot very well. Also, a post SC Water Meth kit is about triple the cost of a standard Snow kit from what I was able to research.

Hope that helps, and FTR this is just my .02, YMMV.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1