Weekend at Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Gary Cooper, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Gary Cooper

Gary Cooper Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Last weekend was a blast. I had the only Hellcat and enjoyed passing some 911's, a few GT-R's and a lot of Corvette's. The car was fast out of the corners once I got the tires to hook up. Lots of over steer but very manageable. Had to brake early into the corners but fun, fun. My only regret is that I bought the P-Zero Nero's. Next time will get the P-Zero's. I also brought my Viper and really enjoyed the track. Great showing the NorCal VOA members including Rich, Todd, Andy, Dennis, Lloyde, Mike (from So Cal), Chris and a few others. All of us were consistently fast in the Vipers in the run groups we were in.

Here is a video of two laps. One in the Viper and one in the Charger Hellcat.

The Hellcat sounded amazing inside and outside the car. Too bad I didn't have the mic plugged in all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2r...ndex=5&list=WL

By the way, those of you running an AIM Solo DL with SmartyCam should upgrade the cable between the Solo and Camera to the cable with the external microphone jack. The audio SO much better with an external microphone.

Also, I did the Ceramic Pro 9H treatment earlier this year on both cars. It was expensive but worth every penny. I still use TracWrap on the front to prevent chips but all of the rubber and road rash came off without a scratch with a simple wash.

-Gary

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. rnr

rnr Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Was it 90 or 92 dB? Are there any sound issues with the hellcat?

3. Gary Cooper

Gary Cooper Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It was an unlimited sound day so I do not know what I pegged the sound meter at. It sounded as loud as the Viper in the car so I think it would be 94 or 85 dB.