weird coincidence or ????

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by Birddog, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Birddog

Birddog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I put my new driveshaft on and head to the track to do some passes. The track prep was pretty brutal as they only sprayed about 100'. Had a hard time launching the car and could only get a best 60' of 2.01 where 3 weeks earlier on a great prep had a best of 1.85 (on P-Zero tires). So now here is my issue... every time I accelerate on the street, the tires break loose. I can always see 100+ feet of two strips behind me. My question is 1) is it possible the track spray soften the tires now that they are easy to spin (never seen this before) or 2) the change in driveshaft is now more effective in getting the torque to the wheels (less losses)? Not that it matters as I have M/T coming, just never experience anything like this in the 25 years I've been racing......

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My driveshaft made my Pzero's go up in smoke so bad I had to do second gear launches but now I have my M/T's

3. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if th e track prep softened your tires they wouldnt spin more. theyd spin less

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    pressure pressure pressure check your tire pressure. to much pressure will make them smoke easily but the traction control will take over from there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Birddog

Birddog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    AARCUDA- unless they make them greasy... We treated a set of slicks with some 'Tire Bite' and it actually had an opposite effect. It took about 5 huge burnouts to get the greasyness out of the tire and bite back in.....
    Dragon- I've always ran 32 PSI (back tires) on the street and never left huge black strip when rolling to flooring from 30 MPH on. I'm thinking B5 had the same issue as I have. Even though my car is heavier with the red paint.....:p