Welp…another ordered, and yes - now waiting….

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Confuzed2, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just got back from the dealer….took a lot longer to order the car than I imagined…seems like that every single time I enter the dealer's door…lol. Put 1K down, and let them know if I don't see this order turned into a VIN in a reasonable about of time - I'll want my deposit back.

I have an order in for MSRP plus a lifetime drivetrain warranty with it. I kept all the frills out of the order for a few reasons reasons:
    -I don't care if I have cooled (or heated) seats.
    -I don't really like either wheel…satin or Brass Monkeys..so why pay more?
    -Maybe it'll help speed up the order? - but maybe not.

Sublime, A8 auto….that's pretty much it.

-Now the wait…with everyone else...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Both seats are cooled/heated, regardless.

For $695 I would have gotten the Nav too, probably would actually help the order and better for resale.

3. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they all have cooled and heated seats, its not an added option unless your dealer is sleezy

4. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I doubt the dealer would go through the hassle of removing the heated seats. Never knew they were all cooled anyway! Good to know. Wife's car has cooled/ventilated seats...makes your ass feel clammy! Lol

I have GPS in another car...not worried about resale. I don't invest in cars...horrible investments overall.

5. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  7. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You're welcome ;)

8. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm hoping since dealer stock orders are being put on hold, no allocations for Feb. that they'll catch up on customer orders....maybe mine will get built sooner now...never know. That's if you want to believe what you hear..pick a rumour....there's literally tons out there.

I don't need the car right now anyway...it's almost zero degrees outside and snow all over the place. It would just sit anyway.

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    people keep ordering cars every day here....yet every other day someone here finds one sitting on a lot and buys it....im still not getting it

why are you ordering? your last in line if you order

10. Hell-Bent

Hell-Bent Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Found one on the lot for $10K over. I offered $2K over and they came down to $5K over. Decisions decisions.....

11. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If it were me I would pay $5k over. I was one of the lucky ones who got mine at MSRP delivered on 11/29. But with all the other guys waiting so long and dealers charging 10k plus I think this car is worth 5K over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Because not everyone enjoys going cross country just to pay sticker price on a car. I can't quite explain why that doesn't thrill me whatsoever. Pay further money out of my pocket to prance around across the country, and drive the car home in the snow and park it in the garage...makes no sense to me. Did to you.

Ordering one was, and still is the way to ensure you get one....what do I care if I'm at the "end of the line"? Let's face it...a lot of early orders got placed in a holding pattern because they wanted a black hood, Brass Monkey wheels or a sunroof. Shame on Dodge for offering that and not being able to deliver. Just look at the VON/Vin status on some orders...they range from 6 months and still waiting to ordering and getting one in 2 months.

If I really wanted to pay a 5K ADM (markup) and get totally ripped off on my trade in as a bonus - while at the same time line a dealers pocket with extra cash they didn't earn whatsoever, I could have had a Torred Hellcat two weeks ago. I work too hard for my cash to throw it in the street like that. I could care less if I'm the first on the block to have one....that's not what it's about to me.

You got yours. Congrats. Time to stop looking down your nose at others that don't have one yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hell-Bent

Hell-Bent Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Buddy. I appreciate your feedback.

14. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I echo Buddyg's thoughts, if I didn't have a VIN, I'd already have one in hand and would have paid $5k over. But driving across the country for one at MSRP...YES PLEASE!!!! What an experience that would be.

Current price for 1 way ticket from LA to Newark NJ (Can't get much farther than that) for a flight that leaves this coming Saturday is $478 on United. Cab it to the dealer, lets say $100. Drive back, 2,782 miles and lets assume $3/gallon (national average now is $2.65 for premium) and only 10 miles/gallon (eventhough its mostly highway here so should get closer to 20). Thats $834 in gas, throw in 2 nice hotel rooms at $100 each to break up the trip (eventhough you can do a motel 6 at $50/night) and the total is only $1612 over MSRP. So you have to ask yourself, if you found one locally on the lot for $1612 over MSRP would you buy it? IF the answer is yes then by golly fly across the country and get what you want.

That scenario is the worst case scenario with the farthest travel and horrible gas mileage. Now if you just don't want to drive that far, then that's a choice being made.

15. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    But you in this post, and huggytree in all of his are always forgetting the third variable, and most important one, TIME; not money-got that, not desire-got that...TIME-don't have that. My guess is most others don't either. Personally, my wife and I don't have 2, 3, 4 days to prance around the U.S.A. picking up a car and driving it back. If I'm the oddball, then God bless the rest of you.

• Agree Agree x 3