Went To Track Last Week

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by CubeMan, Jul 15, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Went to the track last friday, Ran 11.8 @ 125MPH all 5 runs, Bogging off the line a little since i left traction on street. I'm going again this friday to put traction onto sport and feather it out as i was using launch control out at 2K RPM. Going to dial it back to 1500 and feather the throttle through the 60 foot to prevent spinning or bogging

Tires: 4Season OEM's
    Transmission: Track (Auto 8psd)
    Suspension: Track
    Traction: Street
    HP: 700+ (duh)

2. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have yet to fool around with the Launch function.........i dont think it creates a stall or trans brake action, i think it puts the traction control in full control somehow.

I could be wrong, as i said i have not played with it much.

Nice runs though, my best on Pzero summers is 11.5 so far starting in 2nd gear.

3. BlackCat

BlackCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would leave the suspension in street and everything else in track mode. you want to have a bit of give in the suspension when you launch. track mode is a little to stiff imo.

4. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nice time and speed. getting of the line faster will defiantly lower the times.

im no help on the launch control as I have a M6 and I am the launch control......I have yet to play with the launch control.

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    your right where i was my first and only time at the track...i ran 4x's and all were 11.8-11.9

i have nitto's, but never did the correct burnout...i never bogged...i dont know how an automatic bogs....i left TC on also.....sounds like your flooring it too much and maybe the computer is messing with things....

i am not sure of LC is for automatics or will help you in any way....

dr.buick gets some of the best times in my area and im pretty sure he uses 1st gear, so im not sure starting in 2nd will help you....something new to try i guess

i think you just need tires and sport mode

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  6. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has a lot to do with the track prep and your right foot. My best time currently on summers is 11.46 starting in first gear. 2nd gear starts have yielded very consistent 11.5's with minimal slippage for me on my home track/weather/elevation/skill/etc. 1st gear on streeties definitely takes some throttle modulation at the light but will obviously help the 60 foot number.

The track im currently using is uphill from 1000 ft on pretty much, the locals say that it is .2 tenths slower than other tracks. Im not sure cuz we have 3 tracks within an 1 1/2 hour of me. 1 is under construction, and the other is 1 1/2 hour away so I have been using the uphill one. The one furthest from me is Norwalk (summit raceway) & i went there once and it was like a sheet of ice, ZERO prep. Either way Its all seat time & reaction training in my eyes.

Here is a youtube link of the track to show the uphill.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Very good write up. I had my all seasons down to 7.75 1/8 but I put an aluminum shaft in and today I couldn't use 1st at all to launch

8. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey B5, last Friday nite when I was at the track I got to race a B5 blue charger hellcat.....first time I have ever seen one. Nice car.

I whipped his ass all over that track multiple times summers to summers....LOL....we were having a ball! His best was 12 flat.

NOT the fastest color :p