Western Canada allocation great info must read

Discussion in 'Canada' started by AvsBest, Feb 8, 2015.

1. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was lucky enough to get a hold of the western canada chrysler rep. I assured him that I will not share his contact information as he usually deals with dealers and giving out his contact publicly would create a nightmare for him. (He didn't ask for that privacy I just told him that's what I would do).

Numbers (western canada only)
    He said there are about 150 dealers under his wing and there are about 300 challenger hellcats on order. He doesn't know for the charger yet but estimates about 100-150.

Approximately 5 hellcats are being allocated for western canada each month.

Allocation:
    He denied the lottery system. He said there is a lot of variants and it is not based on pure volume. He also said it is proportional to the size of the dealer. What he said though is that the dealer must have a history of selling charger/challenger. Canada is 5% of total sales for Chrysler so we are obviously on the low end of the stick. He also said that the dollar tanking is not good because they make more money on the USA built so if it keeps going we may loose allocations based on that alone.

Once the dealer gets an allocation, it's up to them to choose which car they want to assign it to. He even gave the example that if a customer wants to pay 20k over msrp, the dealer will most likely give it to him first vs an msrp order.

Charger vs Challenger
    He said the dealer may change one allocation for another in most cases so if he's got 10 challengers waiting and 1 charger and gets a charger allocation, he could call chrysler and ask to change it to a challenger.

Bottom line he said keep working with your dealer as once the have an allocation, they have the power to make it happen.

2. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All good info, but no darn good if your dealer won't come clean about what if/when they have allocation. They keep saying they don't know until they get called.

Basically, it means I won't get a Challenger, because I won't pay $20,000+ over MSRP. At 5 Challengers for Western Canada per month, adds up to only 40 for the remainder of the model year for three/four provinces worth of dealers. 10 orders and Big4, 7 at Renfrew, 2+ at Crowfoot, 7 in Airdrie, and that's not even half of the dealerships in Calgary.

3. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The way he was talking it's almost as if the dealers have to call and ask for an allocation. Another dealer in the area told me he keeps checking with the rep and they have about 5-6 hellcats on the go now. Maybe the dealers have to harrass chrysler?

I'm glad I got the info but it put a sour taste in my mouth. I'm starting to wonder if I can give up B5 for 2016 model...

4. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Like I said all along the Reps know and so should the dealers if they have a clue or any interest at all.

5. Badass69

Badass69 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Such positive news. What that means is I am wasting my time even setting foot in the dealership I want to talk too..... well saved me a trip. Maybe when Chrysler decides they want to actually build and sell cars..... I will buy one. Not talk about them, take peoples deposits and do nothing about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Hellcat707

Hellcat707 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so let me see if I understand:

5 hellcats a month = 60 hellcats a year
    150 dealers - 60hellcats = 90 dealers don't get a hellcat
    30 dealers get charger hellcat
    30 dealers get challenger hellcat a year.

Time to go celebrate!o_O

7. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    1 dealer here has 4-5 hellcats D1 and up. He is a huge volume dealer but doesn't sell a lot of charger/challenger.

My dealer has 0 cats D1 and up but sells a lot of charger/challenger.

The only difference is that the volume dealer told me he talks often with the chrysler rep...

8. alta4444

alta4444 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ive spoken to lots of dealers across Alberta in my search for a Hellcat. I actually have one coming in 2 weeks,its built and being shipped but Im one of the suckers that had to pay too much to get one, 80K. Ive been told that any dealership can get a Hellcat if they really want one. Problem is they have to take a whole lot of garbage cars from Chrysler to get bumped up in the que, thats how Im getting my car. I can hardly wait!

9. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you pay 20k over for it, no wonder they can get it, you end up paying for the loss they take on the promasters...

10. Doug Redd

Doug Redd Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    $80,000 cnd = $62500 us, close to msrp south of the border, based on our crappy cnd dollar

11. HellcatKid

HellcatKid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So with fees, options, levys and taxes u are close to 100 grand? or are u talking 80 with all that already accounted for?

12. ResumeSpeed

ResumeSpeed Platinum Member Agent 707

Donate to this user:
    Donate money to this user
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So far this month, Dodge has built 20 Challenger Hellcats for Western Canada :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. HellcatKid

HellcatKid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    RS you are full of all kinds of interesting facts.....do you ever sleep or are you like energizer bunny.....lol! :cool: