What am I missing?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by PhantomWorks, Mar 3, 2015.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I ordered my Charger HC from my dealer. Straight deal no BS. No down payment, only paying MSRP. So after reading until my eyeballs have bleed I think I have figured it. So if you are familiar with me then you know I have ordered the Charger Hellcat and my neighbor ordered the Challenger HC, up until tonight I thought I ordered first...I called my dealer to discuss everything that I have been reading and just to get their take on what was going on. I talked to them for roughly 30 minutes and find out that I did not order first and my neighbor already has a VIN and is either a C or D code (cannot remember). So all this time I have been thinking only one HC per dealer and have read it many times on this site and even read it in FCA's little flow chart time and time again. My dealer was even confident he would have no issues getting 2! I was adamant that until the Challenger was built there was no way mine would ever see the light of day. So in a good panic I hit the internet to find MINE...there are a ton of dealers that have 2 and some even have 3! What am I not understanding? Someone talk to me like I am a 5 year old. Please

2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's possible to get 2 allocations in a month, But it's going to be extremely rare. It means that no other dealer meets the requirements for an allocation before they start handing out seconds to dealers that got one already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My sales rep also mentioned one hellcat per allocation be it a charger or challenger but not both , Chrysler trainer came recently and told him this

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    C...if your neighbors car is sold to him and has his name on the POC...and the dealer has no C-KZ on a stock order and none on the floor for more than 5 days last month, your dealer is eligible...ELIGIBLE....to get 1 allocation...March 10th I believe. I hope this helps...if not...ask again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Gotcha! Loud and clear! So with all that said the order is in my neighbors name as mine as well. They have never had a hellcat in stock. So with everything you say how do some dealers have 2 and some 3 on their lot?what I am getting at is there anyway I can get my charger(built/moving in the right direction) before my neighbor takes delivery on his? Mine is currently VON BX.

6. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You taking delivery before your neighbor seems very slim. He has a VIN and should off and running now...going to D/D1 build schedule. If you get an alloc./ VIN next week 3/10, and it gets scheduled D/D1 within a week...and his gets held up for some reason/part/options ...you just might do it. There is no known way to speed yours up. OK between you and your neighbor...do you guys have a bet or does the first Hellcat to arrive get bragging rights?...lol

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  7. rickydl

rickydl Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    VON BX = Good order available for scheduling. You should have a POC = Priced Order Confirmation. The POC will show you name and address on the bottom left. And, the Build Priority just right of that. You would like to see Build Priority 01. Then, when FCA decides it has all the parts, they assign Status D = Firm Schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available. Then they assign a VIN. This does not mean it has been scheduled for build. To be actually scheduled, FCA assigns D1 = Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built. From that point you wait and eventually ask ResumeSpeed for a timeline. Good luck!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chris, also...the reason why some dealers have several on their lot is that these cars were probably ordered last fall. Avg .delivery seems to be running 3-4 months...some who ordered 9/9/14 are still waiting. Crazy huh?

9. rlarsen462

rlarsen462 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah San Antonio Dodge just listed THREE HC Chargers...wtf...

10. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope for the sake of those with VONS awaiting allocations that they are already sold. How many times have we called and it has been gone for days or weeks? I would be concerned if those are for dealer stock with huge ADM's.No allocations for them for a while.

11. rlarsen462

rlarsen462 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Why would they list them with enormous markups if they were already sold orders?

12. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sometimes just to generate interest and get people to call. They will say...oh already sold, but we can order one for you at ??$$. I remember several cars listed on the cars.com/autotrader sites and when I called, they said that the car is still in transit and is already sold. Why list it then???

13. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortantly all dodge websites use the same software, it lists cars in-transit even if it's a sold order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed...we see this all the time

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I got the implication from Jeff at SRT when I spoke to him last week that the ONE a month allocation rule became hard an firm starting the March 10th pick ups.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1